NHL'94 Forums

Yet another tribute to the best game ever...

frosty

A while back, a bunch of us headed down South for a bachelor party during March Madness. Yet the highlight of the trip was not the endless rounds of golf, all-night Hold 'Em, non-stop basketball wagering or even other 'entertainment'...

...it was NHL '94.

Unknown to the boys I had taken my Model 1 Genny console out of storage and fired her up for a glory run through all the madness. Immediately, bets were made, old rivalries were renewed and the legend that is NHL '94 added another chapter to the history (note the classic glazed-eyed, mouth open stare so common to the game). It may have been years since many of the guys had played, but it came back to us 'wicked fast'.

On a technical note, the batteries from the 10+ year-old cart worked fine, keeping names and stats that had not been seen in years...

post-30-1146159582_thumb.jpg

post-30-1146159599_thumb.jpg

nhl2.jpg

I am the one on the left...wild in the 4wayplay !!!

When we would do a tournament...I am Mr. Chicago, the one next to me Mr. Detroit, Mr Montreal and Mr Buffalo

NOTE: I do not have a brown spot on my face...that is a coffeestain!!!

I am the one on the left...wild in the 4wayplay !!!

When we would do a tournament...I am Mr. Chicago, the one next to me Mr. Detroit, Mr Montreal and Mr Buffalo

NOTE: I do not have a brown spot on my face...that is a coffeestain!!!

I like it! We really should start a thread where guys contribute some old-school (or new) pics of everyone playing '94...