NHL'94 Forums

Even Steven Mod possible?

I would like to know if the following mod is possible for Gens and/or SNES?

I want to make a mod, where two players playing Head to Head, have identical

setups, and no advantages.

So I want to simulate, for example, when 2 people play on a rod/bubble hockey table, where each side is identical, so the only difference is the skill of the player.

To do this, I thought I would have each player use the same team (e.g., Chicago vs Chicago), but even though the Overall advantage is identical per team, there are Hot/Cold

streaks for individual players, and I believe,Home Team Advantage(on SNES).

I was checking out Nose1.2b and EARE100, and can't find any way to edit out Hot/Cold streaks and eliminate Home Team Advantage.

Does anyone know of a way to this?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by NHL94PC

see below.

Edited by trudatman

Genesis:

step 1, use NOSE to equalize all the player attributes

step 2, use EARE to equalize all the team home/away/pp/pk advantages

step 3, use the Hack Applicator to remove the hot/cold (sorry, I forget the particular option name to do this... but it'll ask a bunch of questions and the right one should be in there)

Ron Barr will still say someone is hot and someone is cold, but he's a dumbass.

Thanks guys.

Smozoma, I'll see if I can try your very helpful directions.

Is it possible to remove the Ron Barr page completely, and jump to the "Start Game" screen?

BTW, after trying every hacked rom I could find, I found one,(that happens to be for the SNES), that gives No advantage to team or players, when the same team is picked for each side. Unfortunately, it doesn't have 2012 updated rosters or the squared off goal crease with trapezoid lines.

It's: NHL.94.2k6-SE(SNES)

it's not possible to remove the Ron Barr page

SNES will have hot/cold. no one's come up with a hack to remove the player variations.

Also, ALL the players are hot/cold to some degree (except with the hack in my Genesis hack applicator). The Ron Barr screen's Hot/Cold isn't even right, he might say a guy is Hot, but that guy is actually Cold if you check the game RAM in the emulator..

Smozoma, your Gens hack applicator is brilliant.

Oh, I see, the Hot/Cold for SNES are in the Ron Barr text, and not separate, like on the Gens. Since(so far)there is no way to eliminate hot/cold for SNES, it looks like the best bet is to hack the Gens version.

Thanks again for all your help.

Edited by NHL94PC

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to post on this site for a few weeks now, and kept getting:

"forum.nhl94.com Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database."

until today.

Thanks to Smozoma, I did a simple "Even Steven" mod of the awesome Clockwise NHL-12, for 2 players with No Line Changes.

So all you have to do is have both players play as the same team.

NHL12-EvenSteven2P-NLC.bin

Edited by NHL94PC

Here is another "Even Steven" 2P NLC hack. This one is for the Slapshot67 NHL 12.

The thing I like about this version is that you get the home ice music at the beginning of each period, like the Blackhawks(theme) and Blues(Saints come Marching In), Sharks (Jaws theme), etc., that you don't get with the Clockwise version.

NHL 12 Even Steven 2P NLC.bin

Edited by NHL94PC

Here are a couple of minor mods of the awesome Steve Snake AllStar2012 by Halifax.

I think, for what I want, this is the way to go(i.e., 2 teams with identical maximum ratings).

If I can ever figure it out, I would like to add goal trapezoids, and stick tape.

AllStar 12 EvenSteven 1P NLC.bin

AllStar 12 EvenSteven 2P NLC.bin

Edited by NHL94PC

Figured out some more stuff, so here's my latest for NHL 12 by Clockwise and NHL 12 by Slapshot67, with -

all equalized maximum rated players and teams, so no home ice advantage, and so you can play as any team, even steven.

I did this since it was confusing playing as the same team(e.g., CHI vs CHI), because of the scoreboard.

NHL 12 EQUALIZED 2P NLC.bin

NHL12 EQUAL 2P NLC.bin

Edited by NHL94PC