NHL'94 Forums

Replacing the title song

Red

This reverts back to my other thread regarding how to get to the audio within NHL94. We know the tracks on the Sega CD version can be edited (been there, done that), but the actual in-game audio is what we're after.

This reverts back to my other thread regarding how to get to the audio within NHL94.  We know the tracks on the Sega CD version can be edited (been there, done that), but the actual in-game audio is what we're after.

Title and Organ music is the roms is most likely store in more of a MIDI based format... as somewhat confirmed with Gens' GYM export... of which you can use a utility to convert it to MIDI.

Sound effects on the other hand are probably stored in a PCM WAV format.. within the rom... mind you, thats a guess... I'm sure there are people at the Sega Programming Network site... or even the emu devs that could shed more light on this topic.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion NHL'93 has the best music, and intro and graphics of them all. Too bad they ruined the game with those crap goalies. A good analogy would be the Atari 5200, a good video game system with the worst joystick ever designed.

If we could import NHL'94 goalies with manual goalie into NHL'93, that would be something!

Title and Organ music is the roms is most likely store in more of a MIDI based format... as somewhat confirmed with Gens' GYM export... of which you can use a utility to convert it to MIDI.

Sound effects on the other hand are probably stored in a PCM WAV format.. within the rom... mind you, thats a guess... I'm sure there are people at the Sega Programming Network site... or even the emu devs that could shed more light on this topic.

• 4 weeks later...
In my opinion NHL'93 has the best music, and intro and graphics of them all. Too bad they ruined the game with those crap goalies. A good analogy would be the Atari 5200, a good video game system with the worst joystick ever designed.

If we could import NHL'94 goalies with manual goalie into NHL'93, that would be something!

I disagree, NHLPA 93 is the best and I wouldnt want 94 goalies in there. I love the way the puck bounces off the 93 goalies, as opposed to just "sticking" to them like in 94. If anything, I'd like to add ice logo's, and one timers to 93. 94 can keep the organ music too, because it got annoying after a while. I loved the basic simple organ music in 93, which didnt play every 5 seconds like in 94. 93 of course, as you said though, had the best music not only for the nhl series, but mabye in Genesis history.

I disagree, NHLPA 93 is the best and I wouldnt want 94 goalies in there. I love the way the puck bounces off the 93 goalies, as opposed to just "sticking" to them like in 94. If anything, I'd like to add ice logo's, and one timers to 93. 94 can keep the organ music too, because it got annoying after a while. I loved the basic simple organ music in 93, which didnt play every 5 seconds like in 94. 93 of course, as you said though, had the best music not only for the nhl series, but mabye in Genesis history.

its the best when you score on teh guy quick enough to keep the organ music going and going.... hahaha :)