NHL'94 Forums

2012 NHL Trade Deadline

hokkeefan

Dustin brown to buff for roy and stafford

doubt thats gonna happen maybe unless you throw in leino LOL

Penguins aquire Jordan Staal and Sidney Crosby for absolutely nothing. They then become trade deadline winners.

yes that would be nice but if pitts plays boston in playoffs sidney wont get past gm 2 :P

Rick Nash and Eric Staal are available for the right trade I have heard.

Nash should be a 40-45 goal scorer,Columbus has killed his spirit.

Nash should be a 40-45 goal scorer,Columbus has killed his spirit.

Not sure if he's that good but he's definitely good. The big thing with Nash is who is going to take on that contract that comes with him?

I'm really curious to see what my Blues do if anything. I'm not expecting much but with Army as the GM ya just never know.

As an Oiler fan, I won't miss Hemsky or Khabibulin if they are traded. Both have underachieved & are injury prone and clearly have been passed on the depth chart with the talented, new kids. I don't know if Dubnyk is ready to be a #1 yet but if EDM can score another young talented, affordable goalie (Harding, Bernier, Schneider, ect.), both would be pushing the other to play harder & improve.

As for Smyth & Gagner, I don't see either moving but it could still happen if the offer is right. Smytty has a no-trade clause and has publicly said he's not waiving it, even to be a rental. There was talk of sending him to the Rangers for a playoff run and have him resign back with the Oilers in the offseason as a UFA. As for Gagner, even before his 8 point game & 14 pts in 4 game run a few weeks ago, I was not a fan of trading the 22 year old center. He's coming into his prime years & playing with the new kids, he will find consistency as the Oilers #1/#2 center for years to come.

As for others on the block: I can see Nash going to the Leafs for possibly Schenn, Grabovski, and a high draft pick. The Flyers are in the mix too. I guess we'll see what shakes down February 27th.

CBJ is a dumping ground? gotcha. what number will Carter wear, 17?

Wojtek Wolski is traded to the panthers.

why they traded him , he doesn't help the rangers?

UFA end of year, 3A in 9 games this season. Was injured and just coming back from rehab stint in minors. Salary dump in order to clear cap space for anotehr move.

If nothing else, Florida got a good shootout guy. They've been awful in shootouts this year.

If thats what theyre looking for we'll give them brad boyes for a bag of pucks

If thats what theyre looking for we'll give them brad boyes for a bag of pucks

Yeah we got rid of Boyes in time. He's a good guy but holy BatCrap has he fallen off. The 2nd round pick we got from

Buffalo seems like a steal at this point.

Sens picked up Ben Bishop for a 2nd round pick. I like this deal. He's one of the best goalies not currently in the NHL. At 25 years old, he still has potential to be a good NHL goalie. He can get some games in now since Anderson's hurt, Auld's playing poorly, and Lehner's just 20 yo. He could be a nice backup to Anderson next year unless Lehner is ready.

Did the Blues just get a 2nd round pick for Bishop? I think they had a Bishop on goalie, but since Halak and Elliot have surged....

Yeah what are the Blues doing? Trading a top goaltending prospect for just a 2nd round pick? I understand trading him with Elliot and Halak but you'd think they would've tried to get something that could help them now.

Hodgson traded to Buffalo. He's on the phone on TSN and sounds devastated.

wow what a joke,trade a star rookie away,wtf are they thinking?

kassian is mean and big and will intimidate i guess, but for a possible star? not sure about this trade.

its like drunk hokkeefan was at the helm :lol: