NHL'94 Forums

2012 NHL Trade Deadline

hokkeefan

Kassian is good, too, though. the poor trade (one of a seemingly similar fashion) that I am concerned with was Boston losing Kampfer (who reminds me of Leetch and I had rated in the nineties) for Zanon (an 85), who, as an older player and rental, made this essentially taking your best young defender and fast forwarding him to the end of his career. granted Kampfer's maturity level (he's a punk) makes this an attractive concept, but I think it was a bad call. kid didn't get his name on the cup, too! Minnesota? now he never will.

Yeah what are the Blues doing? Trading a top goaltending prospect for just a 2nd round pick? I understand trading him with Elliot and Halak but you'd think they would've tried to get something that could help them now.

I don't think Bishop commanded any more than a 2nd round pick. I thought they'd package him and maybe a pick of the Blues for a veteran D but that didn't happen.

Bishop isn't a proven NHL goalie yet. He's had very limited experience. He wasn't going to get the opportunity in St. Louis. Plus, it seems like the Blues management have higher hopes for our other AHL goalie Jake Allen than they did for Bishop.

name the other netminders that were available.

Penguins aquire Jordan Staal and Sidney Crosby for absolutely nothing. They then become trade deadline winners.

Thought I'd bump this, just to make sure it's marked in the record books :D