NHL'94 Forums

Playoff Bump

PRoBob38

We still have 2 1st round series that need played in A. Vocally Caged (Caps) vs. dcicon (Blackhawks), and Icestorm (Leafs) vs. Beavers (Isles).

Mav will play the winner of the series between Sicarius and Wookiee for the B title. I understand Sicarius has suffered a hand injury so that may have a bit of a delay.

Main focus though, get that 1st round in A completed. Just a reminder, using the schedule a game forum provides evidence that there was an attempt to get the series played. I don't have a deadline set at this point because I don't feel it's necessary yet. But sometime this week would be preferable.

IMO, 1 week should be sufficient to set up time to play a series, and if not, at least explain why you're unable to. Keep everyone in the loop, so we understand that there has been some effort in moving the playoffs along and what the hold up may be. Even something as simple as, "we've chatted via PM, but scheduling has been tough....we're playing next Tues....sorry, x is on vacation so we can't do this until next Thurs....etc", is a nice courtesy to the remaining folks in the league.

IMO, 1 week should be sufficient to set up time to play a series, and if not, at least explain why you're unable to. Keep everyone in the loop, so we understand that there has been some effort in moving the playoffs along and what the hold up may be. Even something as simple as, "we've chatted via PM, but scheduling has been tough....we're playing next Tues....sorry, x is on vacation so we can't do this until next Thurs....etc", is a nice courtesy to the remaining folks in the league.

relax-dude-demotivational-poster-1243546080.jpg

I'm sorry if upset you DC, I didn't mean to come off angry or anything. Please let us know when you plan on quitting your games against SOH at your earliest convenience.

POTW

Yay! Too bad the only series left is a 1/8 matchup, so nobody can play their 2nd round series until that one's played.

Feel free to use this forum to nag icestorm and/or beavers.

Edit: Only nag beavers.

Edit #2: don't nag anybody. It's unprofessional and rude and classless. (and I've heard from both now)

Edited by PRoBob38

Yay! Too bad the only series left is a 1/8 matchup, so nobody can play their 2nd round series until that one's played.

Feel free to use this forum to nag icestorm and/or beavers.

Edit: Only nag beavers.

Edit #2: don't nag anybody. It's unprofessional and rude and classless. (and I've heard from both now)

lol this could be record breaking ! ,if allowed ,this playoff matchup could last up to 6 months :lol:

i couldn't resist,Beavs is always busy and Icestorm usually has 50 lame reasons he cant play

Excuse #1-I have to brush my teeth.

Excuse #2-I am trying to move my cup with the force.

Excuse #3-My goldfish just died.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by hokkeefan

I'm sorry if upset you DC, I didn't mean to come off angry or anything. Please let us know when you plan on quitting your games against SOH at your earliest convenience.

it's nothing upsetting. you just take this waaaaaay too seriously. this is about having fun ya know.

why you say it's just me? yesterday was the first time i've had contact of any kind w/ice. plan is to play tonight.

edit: looks like we're moving our series to tomorrow night (Monday, Feb 13) @ 8 EST.

Edited by beavers33

i don't have much time to hang out on aim. i'm on mobile, so if people need to contact me, they can text me via aim. had a lot of crap come up in my life recently, so playing '94 hasn't been a priority, but that certainly doesn't mean i don't want to play my games. if only i could go back to college...i'd be playing all f'ing day, lol.

So... it looks like nobody logged games... can admin just do this, so we can get 2nd round posted?

SOH has a knack for not logging gms very often. as for the other guys idk so i cant say anything

Just curious -- are the second round matchups in A:

IceStorm (1) vs KingRaph (4)

SOH (2) vs Wookie (3)

?

If so, we can at least get these games under way if possible and log them when the site is updated.

Yes. You guys can play and log them on the forum if the site isn't updated by then.

Toronto SWEEPS the New York Rangers, to advance to the finals. Close games...I still can't believe that just happened, lol.

Aside from an OT loss in game 2(?), the pivotal moments game in Game 4: NYR up 5-2 with like 2 minutes to go in the 3rd, trying to force a game 5. Toronto scores 4 goals in the last two minutes of regulation, to win 6-5 and clinch the series. KingRaph promptly throws up on himself. Epic comeback, or epic fail, or both!...the vids are on my home computer, I forgot to send them to myself, so I'll post the carnage tomorrow around this time.

GGS IceStorm -- you are my official nemesis now! GL vs SOH.

Great league, great season, thanks to PRoBob and Dan for setting this up this year!

I also don't remember (or I am trying to block the memory) of the scores, so I'll log them when I watch the vids.

• 2 weeks later...