NHL'94 Forums

Help: Line Change Controls '94

TheTome

I was wondering if it is possible to edit NHL 94 so that when you hold the dump puck button it brings up your line change menu without dumping the puck. Much like how the system works in NHL 96.

One of the main reasons I ask is I often find when playing Clockwise's NHL 12 (or any other mod where the players have lower endurance) I often end up icing the puck, giving it away, or tossing over the glass too often as a result of the constant need to line change. Otherwise I love having line changes on and the lower endurance. Any help I could get in this direction would be wonderful.

There's no hack for this, but you can dump the puck from behind your own net, which will cause the puck to bounce off the back of the net and right back to you without giving it away.

but the Genesis version is better, I promise! its plethora of fails add up to perfection.

Oh trust me, I love my Genesis version, just thought this was one hack that might be possible. On the other hand, I somehow never figured out that dump behind the net trick, that makes everything easier. Thanks!

on SNES you simply press [select], but on the Genesis, I think you have to hold [A] and [C] for eight seconds and tap three times as you release the others and wait for the processor to register your button inputs; seven or nine seconds won't work, for sure. good luck!

you do seem to have access to a computer of some sort...