NHL'94 Forums

How to eliminate certain penalities

I was wondering if it is possible to eliminate certain penalties.

For example, I want to keep offside, interference to the goaltender, roughing and holding;

but want to get rid of Slashing, Hooking, Tripping, and Charging.

The only way I can figure out to do this, is with NOSE, under RULES, to change the time

for penalties I don't want, to zero penalty minutes.

However, during the game, the play is stopped and the penalty is still whistled, and there is a weird tile pic for a second, then back to face off.

Is there any way to completely eliminate any specific penalties, so game play is not stopped?

I wouldn't be surprised if wboy (creator of NOSE) knew roughly how to do this, but he doesn't come around here anymore.

No hooking penalty.. that would create the worst vs experience ever!

I wouldn't be surprised if wboy (creator of NOSE) knew roughly how to do this, but he doesn't come around here anymore.

No hooking penalty.. that would create the worst vs experience ever!

Wow, sorry to hear that wboy doesn't frequent this forum anymore. I use his NOSE program quite a bit, in addition to your smozROMv100, and also EARE.

Well I am just trying to make the penalties simpler and more predictable.

For example, run into the goalie, and you get "interference",

hit C against an opponent who has the puck, and make him go flying, and you get "roughing" or "crosscheck",

hit A against an opponent who has the puck for too long, and you get "holding", and etc.

Slashing, charging, tripping, and hooking, all seem, at least to me, to be more random and unpredictable.

Wow, sorry to hear that wboy doesn't frequent this forum anymore. I use his NOSE program quite a bit, in addition to your smozROMv100, and also EARE.

Well I am just trying to make the penalties simpler and more predictable.

For example, run into the goalie, and you get "interference",

hit C against an opponent who has the puck, and make him go flying, and you get "roughing" or "crosscheck",

hit A against an opponent who has the puck for too long, and you get "holding", and etc.

Slashing, charging, tripping, and hooking, all seem, at least to me, to be more random and unpredictable.

Hooking and holding are basically the same thing, the A button.

But yeah, slashing is really sketchy, as well as charging. They seem to happen when you check a guy and he doesn't fall over, which is pretty lame!

charging doesn't require multiple strides toward an opponent? it seems to in the SNES version. I don't mind penalties, as I seem to play better with less men on the ice, even if I am outnumbered.

charging doesn't require multiple strides toward an opponent? it seems to in the SNES version. I don't mind penalties, as I seem to play better with less men on the ice, even if I am outnumbered.

I've had charging penalties off a faceoff, so the Genesis version at least doesn't seem to follow that rule. Anyway, in this game, pretty much all hits are technically charges :D

I find the computer players play horrible defense on the PP, so it can be pretty easy to score.