NHL'94 Forums

Debug Mode? Extra Injuries?

Hey, I'm attempting to put blood into NHL 97 but I'm running into a stumbling block. I'm having trouble testing my sprites. I've now gone three straight games without a single injury, so I'm not sure how well my work is translating onto the screen.

Scanning through the HEX code I've noticed stuff for a debug mode that allows you a number of nice features, however I'm in the dark as to how to get there. Does anyone have any ideas? Or already know how to enable the Debug?

Maybe if you set up 1 team with really bad stats (weight, checking, endurance, etc) they would get hurt more often? You might want to leave speed up, because it could lead to more high velocity collisions.

Guys seem to get hurt more when they are cold. Has anyone noticed this?

What's this debug mode? Never heard about it. maybe you just need to change a value somewhere to enable it.

For testing the injuries, what might work (but might not..) is to get an injury, and then save the game. reload it and maybe the new graphics will load.. but it could be that it'll cache the graphics somehow and that won't work.. going into instant replay might possibly fix this..