NHL'94 Forums

How much do you want spring 2012?

halifax

How much do you want spring 2012?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you want spring 2012?

• Gimme Gimme Gimme!
    • Nyet! I will play in a future league though bud.
    • I want plenty...with some minor changes which I'll suggest below.
    • Nut sack.

mav's still banned?

even if i am i will still sign up anyway cuz its been awhile since i last played in classic LOL

Hmmmmm. I'm in the middle of starting my own business right now & have hardly played for like 2.5 months. Was telling myself i'd sit this one out.....................but damn it's hard to resist!

Suggestion: B league was incredible in the Fall. Pretty much 100% commitment from all involved, no trouble getting games played, no slackers, great competitiveness in all ames: Anyone could beat anyone. It was awesome.....................but.....................C league suffered cos of all the noob drop outs & no one on the waiting list to come in. Unfortunately I think we have to revert to B1 & B2 to enable us to add 1 guys to 2 and so on, otherwise a C league will have a poor completion rate once again.

Woooord, let's do this! On Robbie's point, I agree B-1 and B-2 would be better, depending on how many new guys sign up. One thing that C also struggled with was 3 good players (wookie, Sicarius, and rammer) who dominated that league. Mixing it up would alleviate some of that.

It's not an easy task or decision. Whatever you decide will be great and I'll do my part to help. While I'm not signing up for SNES, ill be happy to come in as a replacement if needed.

Every classic seems to have a number of newer guys who disappear and never come back; Orangeblack played C too so it was not 100% newbies. B1 and B2 will be too tough for most newer coaches and not tough enough for intermediate coaches IMO. In C lg there will always be new coaches who are ahead of the curve; my first C lg was played with ICESTORM and SEBE, both top A coaches by their next lg. B1 and B2 will also split up the best of skill in the B league, which will take the competitiveness away you liked so much in the Fall Robbie. A B and C IMO

As one of the better C players in the fall, it was frustrating dealing with guys who dropped out. Actually, I was a replacement player myself so I got lucky that the original Montreal player dropped out so I could take his team. There was a really wide range of talent. Is it like that every year? How will B1-B2 make the situation any better?

B1 and B2 will also split up the best of skill in the B league, which will take the competitiveness away you liked so much in the Fall Robbie. A B and C IMO

You're actually making my exact point. I realise the competitiveness in B will be lost, but to the benefit of completing more games in C. I loved B in the fall because for the most part we were all pretty much equal, but C was a disaster. I'm just thinking of Classic as a whole, and not just about which division I would be playing in if I enter. Playoffs is the most important thing in terms of having good competition & an even level. During league games surely the priority has to be to complete as many of the games as possible to add validity to the league?

How will B1-B2 make the situation any better?

If a noob in B1 drops out any guy from B2 can be given his team & the standard as a general rule is unaffected. Equally any guy from B1 can be made a replacement in B2, and everyone gets to complete their season. Chaos did point out that "With noobs you never know what you're gonna get" and I in my wisdom didn't listen, but he was absolutely right.

Last season the problem was we had to put B guys in C which totally messed up the level of the C league, and even then there weren't enough guys to cover the amount of C league drop outs.

A possible solution is to have A league, B league, C1 & C2. But then the 2 C leagues would have to be quite small with guys playing a huge number of games against each other. Thoughts?

A possible solution is to have A league, B league, C1 & C2. But then the 2 C leagues would have to be quite small with guys playing a huge number of games against each other. Thoughts?

Too funny. I had proposed this to chaos just recently...you must have hacked his account bud?

I think it's probably the best option.

Too funny. I had proposed this to chaos just recently...you must have hacked his account bud?

I think it's probably the best option.

Great minds think alike!

Of the proposals posted here, I like the last one the best. A, B, C1, C2. Keep the competitiveness B had, if it becomes a monster league I don't anyone would really complain. I personally like the idea of using most of the teams in the game in a bigger league.

And with the 2 leagues, some of the issues with dropping may be solved by having smaller leagues, everyone getting a good team, and playing more games against each other so that they can get games played more easily. This would allow them to get games played quicker and kind of give them less time to bail, if that makes sense.

So just to add further to the plan

12 coaches in GENS and SNES A leagues. Any coach that registers that was in the "final 8" from the Fall 2011 A league playoffs are automatically in this year's A league. Then those coaches can provide input on who they want to fill out the league. League commishes would also add input and make the final decision for the rest of the coaches.

Then we choose our top 6-8 for B and follow a similar process for B that we did for A for selecting a 12 coach league.

All remaining coaches go in C...and we adjust the league accordingly (and maybe that means a C1 and C2).

Another note:

You can only sign up for one league this season GENS or SNES (we will give exceptions to boknowsnhl94 and nhl94dan as they completed both seasons for the teams they were given.) We will still give the option that if you complete your season on one console you can be eligible as a replacement on the other console if you choose.

Hey halifax, I think slackers should be eliminated even if they were in the top of "A" last year, yes I am referring to the90jacket

Ola bud. If the90jacket signs up...he can play. If he misses deadlines, we will replace him like we would for anyone.

Ola bud. If the90jacket signs up...he can play. If he misses deadlines, we will replace him like we would for anyone.

ok we got that solved how about me? can I play or is the classic ban still in effect? im just harmlessly asking nothing else

ok we got that solved how about me? can I play or is the classic ban still in effect? im just harmlessly asking nothing else

For what it's worth, when Mav played 2012 & Blitz my opinion was that he came back with a lot of the old tricks & there were some issues..............but as the season went on he drastically improved. Credit to him. Deserves a return IMO.

Last chance saloon I say! (Cue flood gates opening to a mountain of "He's had enough last chances" responses. lol)

For what it's worth, when Mav played 2012 & Blitz my opinion was that he came back with a lot of the old tricks & there were some issues..............but as the season went on he drastically improved. Credit to him. Deserves a return IMO.

Last chance saloon I say! (Cue flood gates opening to a mountain of "He's had enough last chances" responses. lol)

another last chance? are you serious? lol oh well :lol:

I'm gonna get blasted for this too, but mav did fine in '12. I'm not going to use the words "last chance" or "another," but I'm just making mention that he didn't really cause any major issues in the league.

that means he probably had the wins over you :lol:;)

ehh whatever im just waiting on what the "bud of all buds" halifax has to say on this

(i didn't know that this avatar of mine carries so much heat. hm....maybe i should change it?)

For those that we've decided could no longer play in classic. We meant it. If we change our minds, then we'll post on the forums letting everyone know those players can play if they choose to.

Can't wait for some Classic again. Seems like a long time since Fall ended.

GO BLUES!!!