NHL'94 Forums

Activating Teams for Playoffs in 97

TheTome

Teeaam Work (high five)

Now if only season mode was that simple...

I guess the problem there will be that it will reserve chunks of memory of certain sizes right next to each other for stats, and not have room for additional teams... You'd have to relocate some the memory to the end of the ROM and change the code to write to the new location and larger size.. kind of a pain to do, especially for something as complicated as season mode..

Well it depends on how it reads the data. It could simply be a matter of adding in the additional teams to the schedule (presuming that one single schedule is read by all teams). I've been able to add the additional teams to the season select menu (offset 01:5A28, change 0019 to 001E) however it crashes the second you bring one up in the menu. I may play with this a bit, but I doubt I'll put too much work into it unless I strike some kind of gold fast. I have to sleep sometime :P

Well it depends on how it reads the data. It could simply be a matter of adding in the additional teams to the schedule (presuming that one single schedule is read by all teams). I've been able to add the additional teams to the season select menu (offset 01:5A28, change 0019 to 001E) however it crashes the second you bring one up in the menu. I may play with this a bit, but I doubt I'll put too much work into it unless I strike some kind of gold fast. I have to sleep sometime :P

There is no sleep during larval stage :D

I suspect the standings will be problematic