NHL'94 Forums

Just found my old copy of NHL Hockey 95 for PC !

Bob Kudelski

So I'm at my folks place this afternoon bored out of my mind so I decided to have a look in my old bedroom closet and what do I find? No, not nudie magazines! - a CD that says "NHL Hockey". I remember playing this and it was similar to NHL 94 but had more editing capabilities and 4 lines instead of 3, and a ref on the ice that I think you could hit if I remember correctly!!

Anyways, the CD says copyright 1996 on it, but I went to install it and it says "NHL Hockey 95" copyright 1994. I remember when I bought it, it came in a gold coloured box titled EA Classics or something like that. Anyways, it turns out it's this game (not my youtube video, but the same game):

I remember playing this a lot back in the day and then just kind of forgetting about it after I got into NHL 99, 2000, etc. on PC. I remember editing the Sens lines to include guys like Andreas Dackell, Denny Lambert and Bruce Gardiner! LOL

Looking forward to installing it on my PC again.

• Like 1

Yes, you can hit the ref. Hitting the ref 3 times during play results in a game misconduct for the player who makes the final hit - I've had more than one star player thrown out during a tense man-vs-man battle for accidental contact with a 'loaded' ref.

Yes, you can hit the ref. Hitting the ref 3 times during play results in a game misconduct for the player who makes the final hit - I've had more than one star player thrown out during a tense man-vs-man battle for accidental contact with a 'loaded' ref.

That's amazing! I'm going to try installing it tonight.. I'm assuming there are some issues since it's a DOS game ? and I've seen some threads about controller issues.

That's amazing! I'm going to try installing it tonight.. I'm assuming there are some issues since it's a DOS game ? and I've seen some threads about controller issues.

did you get it installed ? I have the cd too but I'm having issues installing it

Whatever happened to NHL95.com? Such a cool site, I miss it. They had updated versions of NHL 95 with redesigned rinks and everything. Then one day it just disappeared.

Whatever happened to NHL95.com? Such a cool site, I miss it. They had updated versions of NHL 95 with redesigned rinks and everything. Then one day it just disappeared.

I guess the guy got tired of paying for the domain name and took the site down, but yeah, that was a great resource. He even had a custom Dallas Stars Evgeny Davydov jersey from some draft league he had where Davydov was king (and he was quite good in that game).

• 10 months later...

NHL 95 for the PC is one of the seven games in my life that I've actually purchased for the PC. It was one of my first Windows 3.1 games.

I suppose you got a DOS game? Never heard about Windows 3.1 version of NHL95PC...

I suppose you got a DOS game? Never heard about Windows 3.1 version of NHL95PC...

I'm pretty sure it was this: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/nhl-95

I might have upgraded my system to Windows 95 at that point. I'm not entirely sure. Can't remember--been so long. Funny, I can remember playing games on my Commodore 64 more than I can remember ever using Window 3.1.

• 1 month later...

NHL 95 for the PC is one of the seven games in my life that I've actually purchased for the PC. It was one of my first Windows 3.1 games. Ahhhh, the memories. Great game. I remember it being very easy because of the CPU's inability to score.

I bought the 1997 one to PC when it came out. It was pretty good it had all the real starter goalie masks! Also you could tackle the referee. And I had the 1995 one it was pretty cool, way better than the crappy s**t NHL1996

Edited by MrSandman