NHL'94 Forums

Spring 2012 Classic Registration Begins!

chaos

Next season, we are doing something a little different. The faster you finish your season this spring, the better position you will have in team selection next season (think of it as getting more numbers on a roulette table). So, the first person to 40 GP will have the best chance of getting his first pick, the second person the second best chance, etc. And obviously if the first person to 40 is in GENS-A, and the second person to 40 is in GENS-B next season, they both have the best chance in their respective leagues.

Love that! The usual slackers (We all know who we're talking about here!) could set new records for whiny posts & early drop outs if they were forced into the following season with HTD or NYI though. lol

Love that! The usual slackers (We all know who we're talking about here!) could set new records for whiny posts & early drop outs if they were forced into the following season with HTD or NYI though. lol

I dont like this idea because the weak coaches will be stuck with a weak team for ever and ever. Unfair for the coaches with the lack of skills or the newbs.

I dont like this idea because the weak coaches will be stuck with a weak team for ever and ever. Unfair for the coaches with the lack of skills or the newbs.

It's also a little unfair for coaches who happen to be busier in life than others may be, but still get all 40 games in and meet all deadlines in multiple leagues in multiple years (i.e. me ;) ).

I understand it's an incentive for people to get their games completed, but racing to get them in doesn't make sense to me.

i cant wait to start this spring classic leagueee !!! im a rookie but even ask king im not no ordinary rookie i maybe should be in Gens B but ill settle for C because its my first season and not my last :P msg me for test game and i hope i pluck the Maple Leafs or Sabres this season :)

I kinda like the incentive to finish early to have a top choice for a team. although guys who didnt play the previous season will be disadvantaged and those with busier schedules may not be able to finish all their games as fast as others; but usually not all coaches play all games anyways and only a handfull of people ever rock thru there season in a week or two. don't think it will be that big of a deal, maybe all the "slacker ass bums" will play out their games.

It's more of an incentive to finish the season. Anyone who finishes with 40GP will get a "bonus", it's just that if you finish quicker you get a higher bonus.

As far as weak coaches being stuck with teams, I don't understand that. A team that finishes their season 2-38 before a team that finishes 38-2 gets a higher bonus. How will that make weak coaches keep weaker teams?

It gives those who are having sub-par seasons an incentive to finish early so that they get a better pick the next season. Thus, hopefully less coaches need to be replaced, more coaches will have completed their season, and therefore we won't have issues come playoff time as to playoff seed changes from games not played.

i cant wait to start this spring classic leagueee !!! im a rookie but even ask king im not no ordinary rookie i maybe should be in Gens B but ill settle for C because its my first season and not my last :P msg me for test game and i hope i pluck the Maple Leafs or Sabres this season :)

Get plenty of practise games in against established B players so we can see how you are. There are always advanced new guys that sign up every season and the idea this season is that if they're ready they do go straight to B. If ur good enough for B we don't want you in C as that ruins it for the beginner level guys.

houly has been banned for 1 season already and hes one of the most active guys around here,sounds a little personal i think,he fricken pisses me off at times but hes always around to play games unlike 80 % of this slack ass community

Edited by hokkeefan

I'm not sure if I like the added incentive to race through your 40 games. I completely agree that there should be incentives for finishing all 40 games and within the deadlines, but someone who is a little busier but still plays according to the deadlines should get as good of a chance as someone who decides or is able to play their whole season in a weekend. I personally don't like the idea of a season going by that quickly and not everyone can devote so much concentrated time to playing. I think there should be some sort of compromise. What if your chances of picking teams for following seasons are made worse by the number of missed deadlines and DNPs?

I'm not sure if I like the added incentive to race through your 40 games. I completely agree that there should be incentives for finishing all 40 games and within the deadlines, but someone who is a little busier but still plays according to the deadlines should get as good of a chance as someone who decides or is able to play their whole season in a weekend. I personally don't like the idea of a season going by that quickly and not everyone can devote so much concentrated time to playing. I think there should be some sort of compromise. What if your chances of picking teams for following seasons are made worse by the number of missed deadlines and DNPs?

I agree. Simple system is: Points gained for meeting deadlines, points lost for missing deadlines. Job done

houly has been banned for 1 season already and hes one of the most active guys around here,sounds a little personal i think,he fricken pisses me off at times but hes always around to play games unlike 80 % of this slack ass community

But then remember that Houly quit his last 2 classics cos he didn't like his team, and then quit 2012 cos I wasn't available to play at the very second he wanted. Do we need someone that unpredictable. I also don't think playing your games gives you a right to be a total ahole to whoever you want either. Classic will be a lot more peaceful, stress free & run smoother without someone like that IMO.

If he can proove himself to be trouble free in other leagues great, but i'm not sure he can.

Edit: I won't respond to any responses to this post, to save the thread becoming another schoolyard mud slinging contest! lol

Edited by LA Robbie
Cos I can't be bothered with stupid arguments

I agree. Simple system is: Points gained for meeting deadlines, points lost for missing deadlines. Job done

I like the meeting deadlines bonus. Maybe we'll do this instead. I'll talk to Halifax about it.

Those who meet all the deadlines will get an added bonus for team selection next season.

But then remember that Houly quit his last 2 classics cos he didn't like his team, and then quit 2012 cos I wasn't available to play at the very second he wanted. Do we need someone that unpredictable. I also don't think playing your games gives you a right to be a total ahole to whoever you want either. Classic will be a lot more peaceful, stress free & run smoother without someone like that IMO.

If he can proove himself to be trouble free in other leagues great, but i'm not sure he can.

Edit: I won't respond to any responses to this post, to save the thread becoming another schoolyard mud slinging contest! lol

only 1 classic not 2 and it's not a quit.

what about sharkaddict? he signed in classic after what he did in sdl?

ps for chaos and hali: robbie should be A this season due to his succesful season in the 2012 B league. don't let him playing in B because he gonna ruin the league with his skills.

Problem with racing to 40 will be people getting mad when other people are online but can't play

I agree. As long as people are playing their deadlines I think they should be treated equally. They shouldn't lose ground if they're not super fast. The deadlines are there as some sort of compromise so they should be treated as such and respected. This new system would start to favor those who finish as fast as possible rather than just all those who finish on time which I don't think is quite right.

I'm also not a big fan of this system rewarding teams who finish their season earlier. Unfortunately, so many times this is out of the owner's control because they need to face a particular opponent.

I think it makes more sense to punish guys who don't finish their games. I can see at least 2 guys on the waiting list who didn't finish their games last season. In my opinion, their team selection should be done LAST, after the guys who played all 40 games on their schedule. Last season, I was a replacement player myself so I was behind in games and needed to wait extra time at the end of the season for new players to replace slackers (I'm not gonna name names, but may Ron Barr have mercy on your thumbs).

Aside from that, I think it should work like every sports draft: last place gets first pick, 1st place gets last pick.

Edited by da94wookiee

All things considered, I don't think team selection is that big of a deal. We all know that there's a lot of damn good teams in this game and it's very likely you'll end up with one of your top picks.

I would be happy if I ended up with any of the teams I put in my top 10.

Chaos and I have agreed to give those who finish 40GP (and not who finishes the fastest). so that group of players will be sorted through first for next season and then we'll give out the remaining teams to whoevers left.

Are there any records for previous seasons played? I played in a league a couple years back and played all the games, met all deadlines etc, but had to re-register. No big deal, but I signed up for GENS B when I really should've signed up for GENS C. Been practicing the past few days but will probably get beat up pretty bad. Anyway, excited to play, looking forward to the season!

Are there any records for previous seasons played? I played in a league a couple years back and played all the games, met all deadlines etc, but had to re-register. No big deal, but I signed up for GENS B when I really should've signed up for GENS C. Been practicing the past few days but will probably get beat up pretty bad. Anyway, excited to play, looking forward to the season!

I have the stats from previous to 2008, but haven't put them in yet. Is the user name you chose the same as before? This will make it easier when I move the stats over, I can update your new account with your old stats.

I have the stats from previous to 2008, but haven't put them in yet. Is the user name you chose the same as before? This will make it easier when I move the stats over, I can update your new account with your old stats.

I THINK it's the same username but I'm not 100% sure. I tried to login as "willsolo" which is what I assumed I had used, but it wouldn't let me log in. I may have used another username. Anyway, it's no big deal but if anything I was hoping to have the records to show that I played all my games on time etc. I'm not too worried about it, but I figured I would ask just in case.

Edited by willsolo