NHL'94 Forums

Trade Deadline 2012 Rosters Inside!

Triumph

Hey,

Didn't think I'd do this again, but I got the bug and here we are. Ratings are updated for the 2011-2012 season.

* Some 4th line players are missing from the game for the usual reasons - I've been editing these ratings since 2008 and I hate constantly making/deleting marginal players.

* The All-Star Teams are still Canada and the US from the 2010 Olympics with no ratings alterations.

* Stats are not updated, but the stats for most players are as of 2010 or 2011.

* The 'Winnipeg' franchise from NHL95 is still the Phoenix Coyotes and not the Winnipeg Jets. If the Coyotes give their Jets history to the Jets franchise, as the Baltimore Ravens did to the expansion Cleveland Browns in the NFL, I will change the Coyotes to the current Jets.

* Minor note - there are only 8 players remaining from the original NHL95 - Martin Brodeur, Jason Arnott, Jaromir Jagr, Teemu Selanne, Chris Pronger, Ray Whitney, Roman Hamrlik, and Nicklas Lidstrom.

DEADLINE12.zip

Thanks for the new rosters! Nice minor note ;)

What editor do you use for making rosters? Is there export/import functionality?

Thanks for the new rosters! Nice minor note ;)

What editor do you use for making rosters? Is there export/import functionality?

I use NHL9395 to edit players, and I also use the original game to create players and move them from team to team. I'm not sure what your second question means.

I was meaning that could you export rosters from game for example to text-file? After that edit that text-file and import rosters back to game. But I quess you just edit all players via editor. NHLinfo supports exporting rosters, but not importing. If there is any editor supporting export/import functionality available?

I was meaning that could you export rosters from game for example to text-file? After that edit that text-file and import rosters back to game. But I quess you just edit all players via editor. NHLinfo supports exporting rosters, but not importing. If there is any editor supporting export/import functionality available?

I only know of NHLInfo and NHL9395.

• 1 year later...

Thanx. I have it. But I really don´t know how to use it:-) I see some directories and file but I can´t change anything.

I have an another question. I have installed the jersey-updates and the roster-updates. But it did not change everything in the game. The rosters are new but if I choose jersey or teams p. e. in the exhibiton mode their names are still Hartford or Winnipeg. If I start the game than it´s changed to Colorado or Carolina. It is normal? It would be nice if everything was new:-)

I suppose you get NHLinfo started because you see some directories and files. When you started it, you got 2 choices: "View all kind of image files and replaces EA SHPI-images" takes you to where you can view and import/export grapchics to/from game. It is not a WYSIWYG editor, it only allows you to browse graphic files and import/export them. It is not very straight forward thou, there is packed graphic files and palettes to take in consideration during process. Here are some information about graphic editing via NHLinfo:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/3019-nhl-95-pc-a-hackers-dream-anyone-play-it/?p=113011

Usually roster/jersey updates do not change everything in game. Jerseys are mainly made by JED-editor, which edits only team jersey colors on ice, not in presentation/selection in exhibition mode. JED allows to edit team logos in game where you can see the score, but leaves center ice logos intact. Center ice logos are hard to edit, because you cannot view/edit them via NHLinfo. Some people have manage to do this over the years however and I am trying to found out how they did it. So far I have only manage to bypass center ice logos, so they wont appear to ice.

If you select another choice in NHLinfo as "Electronic Arts NHL Hockey 95", you can edit team/player names/starts/attributes. Team name texts are editable by NHLinfo, only one shortening of team name cannot be changed and I think that is also possible by hex editor. For sound editing, NHLinfo does not support it. So, like changing announcing of the game with right new team names, is not possible (yet).

So, usually updates for NHL95PC do not include full conversion. There is some things we NHL95PC fans have to tolerate. Because I still think that it is nice to play sometimes with new rosters even thou everything is not changed in game for new.

It would be nice to have everything easily editable and have constant updates running to NHL95PC, but now situation is that NHL95PC is actually quite hard to edit for "full conversion". There are some tools, but for total conversion to new rosters and team info and jerseys, you have to use combination of them and in some cases hex editor. For sounds, we have no editing tools so far.

Genesis and SNES versions of NHL series have much wider hacking community, so it is clear that updates and new editing tools are coming to that field more recently. So if you compare situation to that field of hacking, you should not wait same amount of efforts from NHL95PC field. Anyways,there are few people who are trying to also play and hack NHL95PC and make updates for it. It is hard for me thou, I am not a programmer and I have actually almost none graphic editing skills. But I love the game and after its almost 20 years run, I still play it and try to find solutions for hacking problems. If something really wanted to be done in hacking communities, best way to do it is trying to do it by yourself. Usually it requires studying those hacking things and usually it takes a lot of time. For example It took 5 years for me to figure out of right way to export/import NHL95PC rink image, even thou it is actually very easy to do and NHLinfo's instructions tell how to do it :)

When we find some information by hacking NHL95PC, we can share it here and piece by piece we can gather that information and make the hacking more easy to everyone.

So, happy playing and hacking with NHL95PC.

I suppose you get NHLinfo started because you see some directories and files. When you started it, you got 2 choices: "View all kind of image files and replaces EA SHPI-images" takes you to where you can view and import/export grapchics to/from game. It is not a WYSIWYG editor, it only allows you to browse graphic files and import/export them. It is not very straight forward thou, there is packed graphic files and palettes to take in consideration during process. Here are some information about graphic editing via NHLinfo:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/3019-nhl-95-pc-a-hackers-dream-anyone-play-it/?p=113011

Usually roster/jersey updates do not change everything in game. Jerseys are mainly made by JED-editor, which edits only team jersey colors on ice, not in presentation/selection in exhibition mode. JED allows to edit team logos in game where you can see the score, but leaves center ice logos intact. Center ice logos are hard to edit, because you cannot view/edit them via NHLinfo. Some people have manage to do this over the years however and I am trying to found out how they did it. So far I have only manage to bypass center ice logos, so they wont appear to ice.

If you select another choice in NHLinfo as "Electronic Arts NHL Hockey 95", you can edit team/player names/starts/attributes. Team name texts are editable by NHLinfo, only one shortening of team name cannot be changed and I think that is also possible by hex editor. For sound editing, NHLinfo does not support it. So, like changing announcing of the game with right new team names, is not possible (yet).

So, usually updates for NHL95PC do not include full conversion. There is some things we NHL95PC fans have to tolerate. Because I still think that it is nice to play sometimes with new rosters even thou everything is not changed in game for new.

It would be nice to have everything easily editable and have constant updates running to NHL95PC, but now situation is that NHL95PC is actually quite hard to edit for "full conversion". There are some tools, but for total conversion to new rosters and team info and jerseys, you have to use combination of them and in some cases hex editor. For sounds, we have no editing tools so far.

Genesis and SNES versions of NHL series have much wider hacking community, so it is clear that updates and new editing tools are coming to that field more recently. So if you compare situation to that field of hacking, you should not wait same amount of efforts from NHL95PC field. Anyways,there are few people who are trying to also play and hack NHL95PC and make updates for it. It is hard for me thou, I am not a programmer and I have actually almost none graphic editing skills. But I love the game and after its almost 20 years run, I still play it and try to find solutions for hacking problems. If something really wanted to be done in hacking communities, best way to do it is trying to do it by yourself. Usually it requires studying those hacking things and usually it takes a lot of time. For example It took 5 years for me to figure out of right way to export/import NHL95PC rink image, even thou it is actually very easy to do and NHLinfo's instructions tell how to do it :)

When we find some information by hacking NHL95PC, we can share it here and piece by piece we can gather that information and make the hacking more easy to everyone.

So, happy playing and hacking with NHL95PC.

Thank you, my hockey friend:-) I am affraid I don´t have time for hacking too:-) and no skills:-) If you´ll find the way one day how to change everything, it would make me very happy if you could share your files with me/us. Do you change the rosters every season? Would you share it with me/us?

I do not do updated rosters myself, some people in here do and I suppose you have already find those threads here where they share their work. I have plans for 80's conversion, but those are so far just plans...