NHL'94 Forums

Does your battery still work?

Red

For those of you who play the game on the console instead of on an emulator, how many people still have a working battery backup (what saves all your records). I have heard batteries generally last about 5 years & most of my older games' batteries are shot, but NHL 94 is still going strong. I dread the day it goes out, because all I try to do anymore is beat my old player & team records.

Am I lucky my battery has lasted this long & should I expect it to go out soon, or are other people experiencing the battery life I am?

I havent played 94 in years on the Sega. I lost the game about 2002 and never got another one because of the wonderful invention of emulators. I do however still play NHLPA 93 on the Sega and the battery still works great, granted all it saves are the playoff matches, and no records. Still it works just fine and up until I lost 94 it was working up to perfection as well.

The weird thing is, on the emulator, it doesnt save the playoff matches in 93!! It does for 94, but not 93, anyone know why? Fortunately, I can just click on "save state", and my progress will be saved.

Hey Red,

That's pretty good that you've had a copy of the game since 94? I've went through several copies, and I still have my original somewhere. A couple of them have lost the ability to save records.. while some of them keep going strong.

I wish I had a record of how many total games I've played. I think I have about 5-6 copies of the cartridge right now.

• 1 year later...

Old topic here...but my batteries still work well after 10 years of playing.

I did noticed that it doesn't record any records anymore in the playercard section. I guess we filled it up after more than 2000 matches.

• 3 weeks later...
A bit OT (again) but saterday I will sell my Sega with NHL 94.

WITH PAIN IN MY HEART :P

I will get a good price for it though:

http://www.speurders.nl/computershardware/...10genesis.18.99

If you don't want to sell the Genesis or NHL94, just sell the other games. These days the Genesis & 94 combined probably would sell for about $20. Just take off the genesis & 94 expect to get $20 less, unless you are really desperate for the extra $20.

I just got to say I'm really amazed that some people still have the old consoles.

Emulation has come a long way. If someone comes over and wants to play head to head, we just play using an emu on my xbox. Granted, I hate the xbox controller for NHL94, it works like a champ. (even with custom roms)

Thanks for the advice Red...I think I'll do that!!

The reason I kept that machine is my love and nostalgic values.

I also had this 4-way-play adaptor....so for years we I had 8 friends in my house drinking beer, smoking Cubans and playing untill 5.00 in the morning.

• 2 months later...
For those of you who play the game on the console instead of on an emulator, how many people still have a working battery backup (what saves all your records). I have heard batteries generally last about 5 years & most of my older games' batteries are shot, but NHL 94 is still going strong. I dread the day it goes out, because all I try to do anymore is beat my old player & team records.

Am I lucky my battery has lasted this long & should I expect it to go out soon, or are other people experiencing the battery life I am?

Just had MY ORIGINAL x-mas NHL 94 cartridge battery die, last fall. more than 12 plus years on that. Lost all my records, my favorite on there was my brothers 57 goal 10 minute game against the computer(ANA) v. All Stars East!! he averaged nearly 2 minute w/o penalites or line changes. Never seen anyone come close to that. I have 7 other cartrideges, several still have working batteries.

• 3 weeks later...

my SNES died last year and I FINALLY got a new one ($40!!!!!) last month. I have about 20 NHL94s. for a while I was pasting 1994 Rangers hockey cards to where the sticker was on the game. my favorite is Messier holding the cup over his head. I know, this had nothing to do with batteries (SNES version ain't got it), but I relates to other topics in this thread. be well.

• 15 years later...