- houly

- xot82

- c4outlaws

- sthed2000

- cjgarnet

- fank009

- TonyTwist

- sharksaddict

Hart trophy (the most valuable player for his team)

and

Conn smythe trophy (best player in playoffs

Edited by dan_lizhot

Guest Houli

True, but Iafrate's 53 goals is more than double Weinrich's 26 ;)

who thought you would win at the end with the predictions of the beginning when you were not even top 10 for everyone except for me ;) . its the same story I feel for Weinrich, he came out of nowhere to finish first in points. While Iafrate is known for his offensive skills, it's not a surprise with 53 goals.

who thought you would win at the end with the predictions of the beginning when you were not even top 10 for everyone except for me ;) . its the same story I feel for Weinrich, he came out of nowhere to finish first in points. While Iafrate is known for his offensive skills, it's not a surprise with 53 goals.

It's not very hard to get a lot of random assists with a defender. It's a lot more rare scoring that many goals.

I wonder how many of Weinrichs assists came from faceoff situations :D

Only problem with Iafrate is that he hits the post 60% of the times when he has an open net.

Came out of nowhere btw? It's not much about the player if a defender get a lot of assists. It's more the coach style.

This doesn't matter very much for me really. You're just showing that you're mad at me as usual :)

I voted Lindros for Hart Trophy even if I hate that guy and you're a little whiner :D

Motivation: Lot of goals and lot of assists.

It's not very hard to get a lot of random assists with a defender. It's a lot more rare scoring that many goals.

Only problem with Iafrate is that he hits the post 60% of the times when he has an open net.

Came out of nowhere btw? It's not much about the player if a defender get a lot of assists. It's more the coach style.

This doesn't matter very much for me really. You're just showing that you're mad at me as usual :)

I voted Lindros for Hart Trophy even if I hate that guy and you're a little whiner :D

All of Weinrich's assists were beautiful, skilled plays. The main reason he got so many was that he had the puck a lot. Why? because he was so damn good defensively! Sounds like a Norris winner to me! Also, he had 1.62 ppg is quite a bit better than Iafrate's 1.33 ppg.

Also, if goals are so much more important than assists to you, why vote for Lindros over Neely and Selanne? Neely had more goals and a higher ppg. The only reason Neely fell 6 points short of Lindros is the90jacket wouldn't play those last 2 games.

(I love how the player stats allows us to debate this kinds of things :D )

Also, if goals are so much more important than assists to you, why vote for Lindros over Neely and Selanne? Neely had more goals and a higher ppg. The only reason Neely fell 6 points short of Lindros is the90jacket wouldn't play those last 2 games.

Since centers usually have a lot more goals than assists. Somehow Lindros managed to get many of both. Maybe faceoff-assists there too? ;)

Already tired of this discussion, feels a bit pointless :)

Edited by xot82

Selanne should get the Hart trophy. If you look at the top teams in the league, each coach has at least 2 or more guys in the top 20 for points. Selanne is the only one on my team, which had the best record, to be in the top 20 in points. Where would I be if I didn't have him? I owe a majority of my wins to him.

Selanne should get the Hart trophy. If you look at the top teams in the league, each coach has at least 2 or more guys in the top 20 for points. Selanne is the only one on my team, which had the best record, to be in the top 20 in points. Where would I be if I didn't have him? I owe a majority of my wins to him.

Next season, with Selänne or not, your center will probably have a similar goal average :)

it's mostly about your playing style.

Pter Klima is like that too, 153 pts and he's the only Oilers players on the first stats page lol. I can tell he give me some victory

Ya I guess that's the classic argument of what the Hart means - most valuable player to your team, or most valuable player in the league.

"The Hart Memorial Trophy, originally known as the Hart Trophy, the "oldest and most prestigious individual award in hockey", is awarded annually to the "player adjudged most valuable to his team" in the National Hockey League (NHL)."

Hart Trophy definition

I know what the definition says, and I agree. It's just that, that's not always how it's actually been treated in recent years in the NHL.

Guest Houli

You think Lindros is not the most valuable player?

im the only 1 with 3 players in the top 10. Lindros,Cicci and Turgeon.

if i playing like c4 ,only with my center player i can get 500 points with 300 goals and more ;)booooo Selanne! :D

Guest Houli

im not a xothater and im not mad,im only realistic ;)

Edited by Houli

You think Lindros is not the most valuable player?

im the only 1 with 3 players in the top 10. Lindros,Cicci and Turgeon.

if i playing like c4 ,only with my center player i can get 500 points with 300 goals and more ;)booooo Selanne! :D

Turgeon isn't in the top 10...

Neely deserves Hart. Highest PPG, more goals than Lindros. B)

Guest Houli

Turgeon isn't in the top 10...

Neely deserves Hart. Highest PPG, more goals than Lindros. B)

ok 11th lol...still the only 1 with 3 players in the top due to Lindros ;)

Im sorry about the time to post, but fenty, stheds2000 and cjgarnet don't reply my pm for that and have not expressed interest for next season

Stheds2000 was a replacement and doesnt seem interested. Why should he get to vote? Looks like cj responded. All we should need is fenty's response.

Edited by c4outlaws