NHL'94 Forums

NHL '94 NHL 2012 Trade Deadline update

Stefan

THIS IS FOR THE SUPER NINTENDO

Trade deadline rom: NHL 12 Complete.rar

In this update I've redone all team jersey colours (Credit to trudatman)

Changed defense control to be default ON

Added water bottles to top of net (With some help from trudatman)

Re-did team banners (Credit to trudatman)

Replaced Ron Barr with Don Cherry (He's a controversial Canadian icon who's sort of gone senile in his years)

Changed arena names

Changed overall ratings

Edited some text for personal preference (Changed aggression to discipline, changed Regular season to exhibition, and some other non necessary stuff)

Edited playoff seedings to reflect that of last years (Will update once playoffs come along this year)

Replaced old teams with current teams, replaced All Star teams with Nashville, and Phoenix

Edited starting menu slightly to reflect stanley cup participants as default teams

Updated rosters on all 28 teams to accurately reflect their overall performance over the last 2 years

Updated lines

Updated team advantages to accurately reflect how each team is performing up to date using a formula to divide the amount of teams by the amount of points per specific advantage, and allocated evenly.

Changed Regular Season overtimes from 5 minutes to 20 minutes (Ties suck)

Changed 20 minute periods to "Highlight mode" which is essentially a 1 second period... If used in playoffs, you can watch computer players "highlights" occasionally. Kind of a silly thing, but me and my buddies like playing drinking games for them. YOU COULD TOO!

I spent approximately 30-40 hours on this (been on short term disability from work), doing all my balancing by completing a team, opening the rom, checking players ratings, and adjusting accordingly to each specific players performance, as well as my own opinion.

I used this website: http://www.forecaste...playerindex.cgi to see player specific "Assets" and "Flaws", as well as up to date stats... and this website http://www.capgeek.c....php?team_id=22 for current rosters

Each player should be fairly accurate to how they are in real life based on that website, and my own opinion... I didn't just randomly choose their ratings for them. The website was comprehensive enough to get a good feel for how they actually play even if I wasn't too familiary with the player.

If there's any ratings that you feel are unfair based on in game comparisons to other players, let me know... I feel I had the hardest time with defense ratings.

Some players might be rated lower because it's hard to be rated high as a defensive first player as there's only a few attributes in the game that are geared towards defense...

If there's any requests for the rom, I'm willing to consider and adjust...

ENJOY!!!

*Note. Some of the teams I first assembled might be a bit whacky as I made those teams in August... So if you see something off, please let me know. Thx.

I'll be replacing Dallas with Minnesota, and Phoenix with Columbus in another rom.

Made a few edits

Edited by Stefan
  • Love 1

I'd like to play but I'm not sure how to open it. It's not a bin file. Can't get it to open in my emulator. It's funny you added water bottles, I was just dabbling into doing that myself a few weeks ago. But I had to change to color pallette in order to get the green/orange for the bottle, thus, had to change the color of the net. And I didnt like the way it came out. I prefer the original pink/white net colors. But would love to see how yours came out.

How do you open the rom?

Edited by nhlpa93easn

THIS IS FOR THE SUPER NINTENDO

Trade deadline rom: NHL 12 Complete.rar

In this update I've redone all team jersey colours (Credit to trudatman)

Changed defense control to be default ON

Added water bottles to top of net (With some help from trudatman)

Re-did team banners (Credit to trudatman)

Replaced Ron Barr with Don Cherry (He's a controversial Canadian icon who's sort of gone senile in his years)

Changed arena names

Changed overall ratings

Edited some text for personal preference (Changed aggression to discipline, changed Regular season to exhibition, and some other non necessary stuff)

Edited playoff seedings to reflect that of last years (Will update once playoffs come along this year)

Replaced old teams with current teams, replaced All Star teams with Nashville, and Phoenix

Edited starting menu slightly to reflect stanley cup participants as default teams

Updated rosters on all 28 teams to accurately reflect their overall performance over the last 2 years

Updated lines

Updated team advantages to accurately reflect how each team is performing up to date using a formula to divide the amount of teams by the amount of points per specific advantage, and allocated evenly.

Changed Regular Season overtimes from 5 minutes to 20 minutes (Ties suck)

Changed 20 minute periods to "Highlight mode" which is essentially a 1 second period... If used in playoffs, you can watch computer players "highlights" occasionally. Kind of a silly thing, but me and my buddies like playing drinking games for them. YOU COULD TOO!

I spent approximately 30-40 hours on this (been on short term disability from work), doing all my balancing by completing a team, opening the rom, checking players ratings, and adjusting accordingly to each specific players performance, as well as my own opinion.

I used this website: http://www.forecaste...playerindex.cgi to see player specific "Assets" and "Flaws", as well as up to date stats... and this website http://www.capgeek.c....php?team_id=22 for current rosters

Each player should be fairly accurate to how they are in real life based on that website, and my own opinion... I didn't just randomly choose their ratings for them. The website was comprehensive enough to get a good feel for how they actually play even if I wasn't too familiary with the player.

If there's any ratings that you feel are unfair based on in game comparisons to other players, let me know... I feel I had the hardest time with defense ratings.

Some players might be rated lower because it's hard to be rated high as a defensive first player as there's only a few attributes in the game that are geared towards defense...

If there's any requests for the rom, I'm willing to consider and adjust...

ENJOY!!!

*Note. Some of the teams I first assembled might be a bit whacky as I made those teams in August... So if you see something off, please let me know. Thx.

I'll be replacing Dallas with Minnesota, and Phoenix with Columbus in another rom.

Made a few edits

Fantastic rom. I realize how much I prefer the SNES version once it has updated rosters...just more fun than the Sega. It's really difficult to get up the ice since the checking is so dominant and switching off to your defensemen make it easy to line people up. Much more emphasis on moving the puck.

A few things on ratings...I know it's a lot of players to go though, so I'm not complaining, just pointing things out.

I'm a Ranger fan..the rom has Karl Hagelin as a 55 in speed and agility. He's one of the fastest skaters in the league. Also, the speed and agility ratings seem backwards for defensemen Del Zotto and McDonagh...Mcdonagh is a good skater but not as good as Del Zotto. I fixed these things in about 10 seconds with the editor for my own use. Not sure if anyone else has any ratings they think are off.

As for your dilemma with defensive ratings, I think you need to reflect a good defenseman by bumping up speed and agility numbers. That's kind of happened already, as for instance with Chara whose numbers in those areas are higher than they really should be on face value. Since there's no way to reflect poke checking and positioning, you adjust your speed, agility and possibly weight up.

Thanks again for the hard work and the cool rom.

Edited by dman72

Fantastic rom. I realize how much I prefer the SNES version once it has updated rosters...just more fun than the Sega. It's really difficult to get up the ice since the checking is so dominant and switching off to your defensemen make it easy to line people up. Much more emphasis on moving the puck.

A few things on ratings...I know it's a lot of players to go though, so I'm not complaining, just pointing things out.

I'm a Ranger fan..the rom has Karl Hagelin as a 55 in speed and agility. He's one of the fastest skaters in the league. Also, the speed and agility ratings seem backwards for defensemen Del Zotto and McDonagh...Mcdonagh is a good skater but not as good as Del Zotto. I fixed these things in about 10 seconds with the editor for my own use. Not sure if anyone else has any ratings they think are off.

As for your dilemma with defensive ratings, I think you need to reflect a good defenseman by bumping up speed and agility numbers. That's kind of happened already, as for instance with Chara whose numbers in those areas are higher than they really should be on face value. Since there's no way to reflect poke checking and positioning, you adjust your speed, agility and possibly weight up.

Thanks again for the hard work and the cool rom.

Thx for the input.

Yes. Players who are "Depth players" almost automatically get lower speed/agility ratings as they are arguably the most important stat in the game.

As for Carl Hagelin, http://www.forecaster.ca/thestar/hockey/player.cgi?10542

That's what I used to help me make guys.

I've never heard of the player before in my entire life, so if that can't provide me with his pros/cons, then it's tough to really make the guy.

I basically boost/subtract points to what's indicated in the scouting report, and do the rest of his ratings on his point production or reputation in media.

Glad you enjoyed!

and yeah, Chara is definitely not a 65/65 for agil/speed, but if I make him any slower, he literally can't move at that weight.

So, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, y'know? :D

I would love it if y'all would be willing to look over my ROM for stuff like Hagelin being a 100 (I had him at 85 and some things like shot power and rookie speed are surely off). and, yeah, speed for heavy guys often needs to be bumped up or they don't move.

I would love it if y'all would be willing to look over my ROM for stuff like Hagelin being a 100 (I had him at 85 and some things like shot power and rookie speed are surely off). and, yeah, speed for heavy guys often needs to be bumped up or they don't move.

The fact that he's a rookie and isn't completely dominating the league, you probably should leave it at 85 to reflect his true impact on the ice. He's as fast or faster skater than Gaborik in reality...but Gaborik is Gaborik and Hagelin is a rookie with 12 goals in 50 games.

Just looking at your Rangers ratings, there are some things that seem a bit strange. You have Hagelin and Gaboriks defensive awareness ratings higher than Ryan Callahans. Mike Rupp With 100 shot accuracy? John Scott with 100 shot power? He's scored 1 goal in 3 years. :)

The fact that he's a rookie and isn't completely dominating the league, you probably should leave it at 85 to reflect his true impact on the ice. He's as fast or faster skater than Gaborik in reality...but Gaborik is Gaborik and Hagelin is a rookie with 12 goals in 50 games.

Yeah, I think it could argued that ratings should be based in part on how they are able to use their speed/shot/etc. Bure was incredible at using his speed, so deserves a 6. I think Tie Domi was the fastest skater on the Leafs in the mid 2000's, but you probably wouldn't give him a 5 or 6, since he didn't often use that speed effectively (although he did get a heck of a lot of breakaways coming out of the penalty box!). Chad Kilger had the hardest shot, too, a 106.6 at one point, but he's not really known for his shot.

oh, sorry... I forgot to say to ignore the awarenesses and the two ratings I pull directly from statistics, shot accuracy and reputation. I'd mostly be looking for corrections in shot power and speed. maybe you'd be willing to continue to assist me... I'd love to read any such comments, but we should probably take such a conversation to my ROM's thread so we are not distracting from the main topic here. thanks!