NHL'94 Forums

Is there a roster extraction tool for SNES?

dman72

noticed you don't have the goalie attributes of stick left and right marked correctly. also, the unknown factor is a pass/shoot bias rating. a computer-controlled Zubov would rather pass and such a Gartner would rather shoot. neat table. keep working on it.

edit: are you sure the goalies had offensive awareness? I didn't realize that. does it do anything like make them better passers?

Edited by trudatman

noticed you don't have the goalie attributes of stick left and right marked correctly.

Oh, the values were input manually in the database, so there might be some errors. Please let me know which values to correct.

...also, the unknown factor is a pass/shoot bias rating. a computer-controlled Zubov would rather pass and such a Gartner would rather shoot. neat table. keep working on it.

Are you sure about this? I thought no one had figured that out. It does make sense if it is like you say.

edit: are you sure the goalies had offensive awareness? I didn't realize that. does it do anything like make them better passers?

I don't know, I just took the categories from the SNES editor.

noticed you don't have the goalie attributes of stick left and right marked correctly. also, the unknown factor is a pass/shoot bias rating. a computer-controlled Zubov would rather pass and such a Gartner would rather shoot. neat table. keep working on it.

Goalie glove hands were entered according to the SNES rom. I double checked the snesot.com chart and the editor and they are correctly listed. In real life they may have been different.

All goalies, according to the editor, have equal off and def awareness.

Pass/Shoot bias was also entered according to the rom info.

All attributes were taken from the rom info. I understand the Zubov/Gartner situation but thats how EA has them rated on the rom

Edited by c4outlaws

I think y'all didn't understand... I was pointing out the mislabeling of the categories, not saying there were mistakes in the values. I didn't mean glove hand, I meant the labeling of the stat columns for stick skills.

• 3 years later...

I plan on making an SNES Roster Extraction tool in the very near future. I have the code working, I just need to port it to something that others can use. Eventually you will be able to import via CSV as well (which IMO would be much easier than using the editor).