NHL'94 Forums

Canada/US Coaches and their Cities

Should we make the Canadian conference use Canadian cities only and US coaches only use US cities?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should we make the Canadian conference use Canadian cities only and US coaches only use US cities?

• Yes - Canadian coaches use Canadian cities and US coaches use US ones
    • No - you can pick any city you want regardless of anything
    • Maybe - I don't care!

I think it would be kind of cool to have US coaches have US cities and Canadian coaches have Canadian cities. This (as you probably know) is how the conferences are separated. It would make it easy to see a match-up and know if it was inter-conference or not.

Also, there are 8 Canadian cities (QUE, MTL, TOR, CAL, EDM, VAN, OTT, WPG) and only 7 coaches, so if there's a city you really hate you wouldn't get it no matter what, even if you were the last pick. (ex: you hate Toronto and you are last pick, even if nobody picks Tor there will still be another city available and nobody would have the Leafs for their team.)

I made it public and I'll update this post when people from the league vote.

USA

Voc - Yes

Bo - Yes

raph - Yes

kupuck - Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

beavers - Yes

Icestorm -Yes

Carse - Yes

CANADA

Frey - Yes

Zalex - Yes

Houli - No

hokkee - Hokkee Badger don't care

pearate

Sebe - Yes

FPB

Edited by Bo Knows NHL94

I like the idea, but I understand its more of a limitation to the Canadian coaches than US.

Maybe the Canada votes should be weighed 1.5x or something. (i.e. 2 Canada votes = 3 US votes)

...the Three-Fifths Compromise of NHL 94?

Yes. I'd actually like to open thisi up to AHL teams too. I'd take the Rochester Americans.

ew