NHL'94 Forums

Coming soon: NHL 12 playoff edition!

Dynamo11 here. I've been working on a special customized version of slapshot67's NHL 12 rom. His roster rating system is fantastic, so I decided to pay tribute to this beautiful rom in my own way. I would like to share some pictures with you of what I have done so far. First I'd like to show you my specialized selection screen logos. I tried to focus very hard to make sure each color in every logo was as perfect as can be, and each logo was cleaned in tile molester by me dot by dot. Here are screenshots of some of my selection screen logos:

SCREENSHOT 1:

1preview1.jpg

SCREENSHOT 2:

1preview2.jpg

SCREENSHOT 3:

1preview3.jpg

SCREENSHOT 4:

1preview4.jpg

Next I would like to share my progress so far with the 1st splash screen, and the title shot. I kept slapshot67's picture but changed the title lettering to a SEGA style font. The first splash screen is pretty much set. I just have to clean up a few dots here and there:

1splash.jpg

1splash1.jpg

Moving on here is a picture of some of my work regarding the player cards. At the moment I am waiting on continuing work on this, until slapshot67's final post-trade deadline roster release. I want to have the final rosters for the year set before I finish work on the player cards:

preview4.jpg

1-button goalie control will be included in this game (thanks kaneda and pixelpuck):

1preview6.jpg

The helmet patch will be fully operational in this version as well:

1preview5.jpg

This rom will be fully useable with NOSE! (NHL 94 editor):

nosepic.jpg

And finally, here is a picture of the updated trapezoid. This work was done entirely by slapshot67. Notice the detail in how the trapezoid blurs behind the glass. Fantastic job by slapshot67 on this. I feel this is the best looking and most accurate trapezoid to date. If you'll notice in the below picture, the stick tape patch is also included. The net is also basically his, however I did alter the goal posts a little bit on the side to make them straighter:

preview2.jpg

This project has been a lot more work than I originally thought it would be, but as the rom progresses it has been well worth it. I would like to thank slapshot67 for all his help. Without his assistance, none of this would be possible. It's been a lot of fun. I look forward to slapshot67's final roster rom release, and finishing this project. Hopefully I can get this out for you guys sometime before the season ends. :)

Edited by dynamo11

keeping it compatible with the editor is nice. I see you are using the lopsided crease, though. maybe in your being so ambitious you'd like to fix that.... is the helmet patch an afro-adder? looks pretty good, guys.

keeping it compatible with the editor is nice. I see you are using the lopsided crease, though. maybe in your being so ambitious you'd like to fix that.... is the helmet patch an afro-adder? looks pretty good, guys.

EDIT: It looks like the crease is the same in every rom, including clockwise's NHL 12. Not sure if I can do much about it.

Edited by dynamo11

i honestly can't wait for that edit! good job!

Thanks! I'm not sure yet, but I might just release it right after the playoffs and call it NHL 13. The season is kind of winding down, and by the time I get this done the way I want it the playoffs will probably be almost over lol.

This game will also include the weight bug fix! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Newbie here...you guys are geniuses!

I am dying for this update. I got the 2010 version, but I dont want to play with those 2 dbags on the Flyers (Richards & Carter). Any idea when this will be released?! It looks incredible!

I am dying for this update. I got the 2010 version, but I dont want to play with those 2 dbags on the Flyers (Richards & Carter). Any idea when this will be released?! It looks incredible!

You may want to check out Clockwise's lastest NHL'12 ROM. You can download the ROM here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14206-nhl94-12-playoff-edition-is-out/page__view__findpost__p__116076

I will check it out tonight..thanks!

Best site on the web...

I forgot to mention that that particular ROM has a goalie-button hack, so if you have a 6-button controller, you can use the "Y" button to automatically switch to the goaltender, instead of holding down "B" for a few seconds.

Ive only downloaded the bin files. How does the patch work? Do I just apply it to the NHL 94 file?

If you downloaded the nhl12playoffs.bin from the link that da94wookie posted, the hack is already incorporated into the bin file, so there's nothing to do except play! :)

Hey man, welcome aboard!!! Just wanted to let you and everyone else know this project is still in the works. The first version I plan to release will have everything in it except for the player cards. That will come in later editions, but I will also continue to release future editions with generic player pictures as well for those who want to update the game themselves (in NOSE) without the hassle of also updating the player cards.

I am just waiting on slapshot67 to release his NHL12/13 update because I'd like to use that as a base for this graphically updated rom. I really love the way he does the ratings, the feel of the game is excellent.

Of course Clockwise as always does a tremendous job as well, it's just I can't open his rom in NOSE. That's a big reason I'm creating this rom. I wanted to create an updated rom everyone can easily update themselves in NOSE yet with all the trimmings of the clockwise version, with added new features (screen selection logos, updated trapezoid, etc).

Progress is going well though. Once slapshot releases his latest version, this rom will be off and running, and ready for full release!!! :D

Thanks! Was playing Clockwise's version last night and @ 8:30 this morning..SICK!

Any chance I could add white ice..is there a patch? This is all new to me so I am giddy with all the new features.

Cant wait to have a tourney before FLyers Devils tomm afternoon :D

Thanks! Was playing Clockwise's version last night and @ 8:30 this morning..SICK!

Any chance I could add white ice..is there a patch? This is all new to me so I am giddy with all the new features.

Cant wait to have a tourney before FLyers Devils tomm afternoon :D

Ahhh see this is exactly why I'm working on my own version of the update. So you can enjoy the updated rom and at the same time, easily edit ice colors, update players, etc.

There is a program called "NOSE" that allows you to do just that (updates). It's in the downloads section of this site. It allows you to easily change ice color, add new players, adjust player ratings etc. Unfortunately with the Clockwise patch you can't use it in NOSE. It is incompatible.

But the rom I'm working on will have similar player ratings to the Clockwise version, but with the added ability to open the game up in NOSE so you can easily edit things like ice color and players. Plus an updated trapezoid, updated screen logos etc.

But hey there is still a way to add white ice in "hex editor" but that's a little hard to explain. I will add white ice for you though if you'd like, and send you the rom. What's your email address? :)

Looking good! Maybe Slapshot67 will update all his roms with your graphical update :P It looks amazing, and I like the modified team logos, neat little touch. My only comment from looking at the screenshots is that the added lines for the faceoff circle look a little thick and sharp compared to the rest of the lines on the ice. Maybe add a little bit of blurring with the lighter red to take the edge off? Otherwise I'm stoked for this.

Looking good! Maybe Slapshot67 will update all his roms with your graphical update :P It looks amazing, and I like the modified team logos, neat little touch. My only comment from looking at the screenshots is that the added lines for the faceoff circle look a little thick and sharp compared to the rest of the lines on the ice. Maybe add a little bit of blurring with the lighter red to take the edge off? Otherwise I'm stoked for this.

Good point about the lines in the faceoff circle. I didn't do those. When the helmet patch was applied to the rom, it automatically also applied a new bench, new trapezoid, and new lines at the faceoff circle. I adjusted the trapezoid AFTER applying the helmet patch and I will try to now also adjust the faceoff circle lines. Slapshot67 (who did the trapezoid I want to use) also re-did the faceoff circle lines. I will try to put them in and replace the blocky lines when I get the chance. Slapshot's lines are blurred and blend in better.

Edited by dynamo11