NHL'94 Forums

General League Info

CamKneely

The salary cap will be set at $50 million for each team. Any team that's over the cap at the start of the season will not be allowed to play until they comply. Players that are not bid on are considered to have cleared waivers, and can be picked up for $500,000 if the team is over the cap. Players released for cap reasons will still count against the cap (50% the first season on their contract, 25% for all remaining seasons). Trading will be allowed up until the start of the season, hopefully I'll figure it out a way to enable it in-season in later seasons.

Coaches who meet every schedule deadline (6 games per week) will get an extra $2 million of salary cap space the following season. Coaches who fail to meet their deadlines will get $500,000 less salary cap space per week in the following season (after one week of failing to meet the deadline, everybody gets one).

The salary cap will be set at $50 million for each team. Any team that's over the cap at the start of the season will not be allowed to play until they comply. Players that are not bid on are considered to have cleared waivers, and can be picked up for $500,000 if the team is over the cap. Players released for cap reasons will still count against the cap (50% the first season on their contract, 25% for all remaining seasons). Trading will be allowed up until the start of the season, hopefully I'll figure it out a way to enable it in-season in later seasons.

Coaches who meet every schedule deadline (6 games per week) will get an extra $2 million of salary cap space the following season. Coaches who fail to meet their deadlines will get $500,000 less salary cap space per week in the following season (after one week of failing to meet the deadline, everybody gets one).

sounds good :)

love those rules bud. A perfect mix of fairness and awesomeness.

I don't know where the other thread is (and too lazy to look), but regarding rosters after 98: I'm going to try and find the rosters/ratings for '99 onward and normalize them to the way 94-98 ratings were done. I'll spare you the details of how. But if I do this and we test them out, we should be able to continue this league past 98, if all goes well.

As mentioned, the ratings in the future games are more juiced than 94-98. I found the rosters for 2000 and compared how the ratio of 1-6 ratings given to players compared to the '94-98 average. Check this out:

speedjx.png

shotpower.png

shotaccuracy.png

agilitys.png

You can see the ratio in 2000 for ratings 3,4,5 skyrocket compared to '94-98 average. This is true in all attributes, I just posted 4 for your knowledge. These happen to be all forwards attributes. The % is the % of all forwards who have that rating for that attribute (i.e. 8.01% of players have a 5 speed rating in 94-98, vs 38.18% in 2000)

This is nothing new to some of you, but I still thought it was fun to show.

good stuff raph. i think if we can get 5 seasons out of the rom/league we should be golden. then we can always start over or something. based on how long leagues go, we have prolly upwards of 2 years to worry about 99.

Guest Houli

Vocally Caged 7:03 pm

ok can you do me a favor?

Houly 8 7:04 pm

wut kind?

Vocally Caged 7:04 pm

post that because of the confusion the bidding is extended 24 hours, so midnight Tuesday

k

Vocally Caged 7:04 pm

thanks

gotta go

yw

Vocally Caged is offline 7:04 pm

IMs are delivered when the buddy signs in. Send Vocally Caged a text message

• 11 months later...