NHL'94 Forums

Bidding Begins

CamKneely

Bidding for certain players is now open. The maximum amount of years is 5. The amount you bid is taken as the entire salary for the contract, I.E. $7 million for 2 years is $7 million total not per year. The cap hit is the average per the length of the contract yearly. Bidding for this group of players ends at midnight, Monday morning. Highest yearly salary wins. If there are any ties, there will be a private negotiation done between me and the coaches involved. Good luck. The spreadsheet for each year is here.

There was a bidding process on this forum about 4 years ago, it was severely annoying for anyone not playing in this league trying to sort through new posts on the forums. Some like to click on 'new posts' so they can read the latest but with all the new topics being created, it becomes pointless. I'd kindly ask that league members re-consider using this forum and use a new forum on a different free site to conduct the bidding process.

There was a bidding process on this forum about 4 years ago, it was severely annoying for anyone not playing in this league trying to sort through new posts on the forums. Some like to click on 'new posts' so they can read the latest but with all the new topics being created, it becomes pointless. I'd kindly ask that league members re-consider using this forum and use a new forum on a different free site to conduct the bidding process.

seconded, I remember it being a huge mess trying to read the View New Content page (which is the way I read the site)

i hear from houli the league will now use a single thread per position or something like that?

Guest Houli

seconded, I remember it being a huge mess trying to read the View New Content page (which is the way I read the site)

i hear from houli the league will now use a single thread per position or something like that?

ya! 1 thread is enough to not pollute the space hehe

Edited by Houli

Just a thought, maybe bidding price should be expressed in per-year amounts so people don't make mistakes in thinking their bid of $30M for 4 years beats $25M for 3 years?

5 years? thats a lot

what does this mean? find a different site?