NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 07 Team Switch Free-For-All

In this thread you can switch teams (either the city, or the city+roster). Post below -- first come, first served.

Please stick to something close to the formats in the examples.

How to Switch:

If you want to switch teams with someone else, arrange it with the other coach and post both of your new teams here (don't just say "i switch with xx"). Or switch with an unused team.

You can switch either just the city (keeping your old roster of players), or you can switch the whole teams (city + roster).

You are supposed keep your new team at least 2 seasons (but you can do multiple switches in this thread before the season starts). If you switched last season, but really want to switch again this season (like if your favourite team becomes available), then you can switch, but must stay at least 3 seasons in that city.

Examples:

I pick up L.A and drop ANH. Cities only.
I trade MTL for BOS with SomeCoach. Cities and rosters.
I trade MTL for BOS with SomeCoach. Cities and rosters.

Confirmed!

Looking to trade QUE for any of BUF, CGY, PHI. Cities only, but might consider rosters.
Looking to trade PIT. Cities only.

Restrictions:

• 3-Season Deals, can not change:
    • Icestorm (2 seasons left in BUF after a 3-season deal)
    • Houlanov (1 season left in S.J on a 3-season deal)

[*]2-Season Deals, can change (but must take 3 season deal):

• mcarthurbsu33 (1 seasons left in NJ)
    • dcicon5148 (1 seasons left in L.A)
    • vocally caged (1 season left in PIT)
    • kingraph (1 seasons left in DAL)
    • hokkeefan2 (1 seasons left in VAN)
    • HABS/canadiensfan66 (1 season1 left in ANH)

Dibs:

Dibs is for dropped cities (not rosters).

You can call dibs on 1 team.

If the team you called dibs on gets freed up, you get the team. You need to specify which team you currently have, so people know what team you drop if your dib comes up.

(dibs on multiple teams has some difficult scenarios, so I decided not to allow it)

This is the format:

I call dibs on Toronto.

I am currently Dallas.

------------------------------------------------------------

Available Cities:

WSH L.A DET

FLA NYI

Changes so far:

(You can change again if you want, the 2-3 year contracts only kick in once the team switching thread is closed)

ProBob NYI FLA OTT

LA Robbie DET WSH

dcicon L.A DET L.A (no 3-year contract activated, since he picked them up again after having them last year)

xdeathsbloodx OTT FLA

Dibs:

NYR - kingraph (is DAL)

PHI - xdeathsbloodx (is OTT FLA)

uh oh, hold up, i think this is based on season 5's team switch thread, not season 6. there were a lot of team switches last season so there ought to be a lot of restrictions, I think?

The season 6 thread had better examples and (i think?) better details

EDIT: carry on!

LA - Gretzkyonacold

If that should be acceptable to the current owner or if they become available.

I'll keep DET's players though

LA - Gretzkyonacold

If that should be acceptable to the current owner or if they become available.

I'll keep DET's players though

Being that I traded Pitt to SOH last season and picked up LA would I assume I have to keep LA?

NICE, just now realized I got in this.

I'm open to city trade (NYI) for just about anybody else.... Any takers? At all?

Didn't think so....

Possibly if LA doesn't come up........let me think

what does it mean he calls dibs? I thought I was NYR?

If you drop the rangers, he gets them

(but if you trade the rangers to someone else, he doesn't)

EDIT: ok, looks like 2 people already answered this, I guess I didn't refresh my browser in a looong time :)

The top post has been updated with the correct/suggested formats for doing team switches and requesting dibs, please take a look at it again and please use the suggested formats in future posts, everyone, thanks!

If I am unable to take LA due to Dcicon having another 2 seasons to run with them i'll give up DET and take the CAPS. Possibly the coolest uniform in 94? Discuss

I'm sticking with DET's roster regardless of if I switch teams. Gonna turn these bums into a force this season! lol

If I am unable to take LA due to Dcicon having another 2 seasons to run with them i'll give up DET and take the CAPS. Possibly the coolest uniform in 94? Discuss

I'm sticking with DET's roster regardless of if I switch teams. Gonna turn these bums into a force this season! lol

Conceivably you could get L.A if dc either traded them to you or took anotehr team and dropped L.A, but he'd have to commit to 3 years to that new team since he's on a 2-year deal with L.A.

i call dibs on Chicago

OK, as said, if Dcicon's LA should become available great, but otherwise i'm taking the Washington Capitals

OK, as said, if Dcicon's LA should become available great, but otherwise i'm taking the Washington Capitals

I'll trade LA to LA Robbie/gretzkyonacold for Detroit and have them for three years. No roster swapping.

LA Robbie/gretzkyonacold please confirm

I'll trade LA to LA Robbie/gretzkyonacold for Detroit and have them for three years. No roster swapping.

LA Robbie/gretzkyonacold please confirm

OK done. Thanks Dcicon. I kinda presumed this wasn't happening & sold myself on the idea of having the Caps. lol........lets make this trade & if the Caps appeal to me later I can still do that right?

Robbie should say: I pick up WSH and drop DET. Cities only.

Then Dcicon can say: I pick up DET and drop LA. Cities only.

Then Robbie, if you decide to, can say: I pick up LA and drop WSH

Edited by kingraph

OK. Dcicon can still decide what he wants to do regarding LA & DET then.

Gretzkyonacold drops DET & takes WSH on the strength of them having a cooler uniform than LA

City only

I think essentially what's happened here simply is LA Robbie and dcicon have traded cities.

LA robbie = LA

dcicon = DET

(nobody) = WSH, FLA NYI

(note: check the top post for currently available teams)

EDIT: i am wrong

I think essentially what's happened here simply is LA Robbie and dcicon have traded cities.

(nobody) = WSH, FLA

according to the first post probob has FLA smoz