NHL'94 Forums

Fusion Emulator

Someone brought this up last season too. Apparently it's a lot more stable than GENS & less instances of lag. We really should do some testing & if it is better start using it after this classic season

Kega is good.

A few things about it that bug me: asked the guy who makes it to disable the "can't save during netplay" message and let you save with the F5 key, but then he didn't do it (I don't know if he's fixed it in a newer version.. but I was kinda annoyed that he didn't do it that time since it just requires deleting like 2 lines of code as I did in Gens to create gens-netplay.exe). It's not a deal-breaker, though, because you can still save through the file menu, but I like the F5 key because I can hit it quickly if something funny happens during the game.

No video Stretch option. You either have full screen video or a choice of preset sizes (1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, with filters).

Oh yeah, and like VC says, there was some netplay issue where the newest version didn't even work online, and no easy video recording like with the p2p/kaillera netplay interface.

I know that using that my controller won't go diagonal. Kind of a turn off...

might need to toggle the 'analog/digital' button on your controller if it has one. might need to re-map the controls, too.

If you don't play online, then for me, I have found Fusion to be my favorite emulator.

The lack of video recording is bad, since if I try to use something like "Screen VidShot", my computer slows down NHL94 too much.

Any info on this emulator?

Does it have any advantages over Gens?

Many sites are now recommending it for Sega emulation.

Any Thoughts?

I am not sure about the latest version of KEGA, but I can tell you I played a few games online last year with someone and it was like literally playing in the same room. There was not an ounce of lag.

As for the emulator itself, the graphics on FUSION are better than GENS when you use the "filtered" option. The GENS "creed" graphic option is good too but it makes the graphics a little too cartoonish, while the "filtered" graphic option on Kega projects beautiful graphics without the cartoony effect.

The sound of KEGA is overall better than GENS as well. You hear sounds on KEGA that you dont on GENS. For example, when the puck bounces off the boards you can really hear the "glass partition" sound on KEGA while you really cant on GENS.

KEGA is a much better emulator than GENS and its all I use when not playing online. I only downloaded GENS because thats what this site uses for league games. Otherwise I wouldnt even bother with it. I'm not sure about the latest version though. It has problems online? I hope if thats true they correct it. The previous online version of KEGA was flawless.

• 5 months later...

I have a similar controller issue that remapping doesn't solve. Kega and NES emulators don't seem to like either left or right on the controller I prefer. works fine in SNES9x, though....

Kega is nice. I can't believe this site still uses AIM instead of IRC and GENS instead of Kega Fusion.

Edited by trudatman

NHL94PC,

Why?

What makes it better if not online?

Thanks for your input everyone.

I make some test, and I agree, this emulator is better than gens, specially in graphic, they are multiple resolutions mode in full screen and other cool options... you need to try yourself...

Keka Fusion is compatible with Game Gear and Master System too...

• 2 weeks later...

Kega is good.

A few things about it that bug me: asked the guy who makes it to disable the "can't save during netplay" message and let you save with the F5 key, but then he didn't do it (I don't know if he's fixed it in a newer version.. but I was kinda annoyed that he didn't do it that time since it just requires deleting like 2 lines of code as I did in Gens to create gens-netplay.exe). It's not a deal-breaker, though, because you can still save through the file menu, but I like the F5 key because I can hit it quickly if something funny happens during the game.

The netplay save works fine with the F5 key, we just made a test with Houly for the GDL...

Edited by Dragon

in-game on-screen chat is awesome, always was jealous of the SNES buds about that one.

Given that the f5 key works, I guess I'd recommend people use it.

Downsides:

* no video recording (who does that every game? not me)

* limited screen size options

I know that using that my controller won't go diagonal. Kind of a turn off...
might need to toggle the 'analog/digital' button on your controller if it has one. might need to re-map the controls, too.

Yeah, I have the same issue... using an XBox 360 controller with USB.

• 3 months later...