NHL'94 Forums

Anyone good with graphics/icons?

smozoma

I want to have user icons for the guys who have won championships.

Did you ever notice thoseweird black beans next to coach names? They are Genesis controllers. But I would like to give a custom icon to the champs. if someone would like to take a stab at designing icons, that would be awesome!

Some ideas:

Icons for the most recent A and B champs. Maybe a star in the background with the league letter in the foreground? Something to indicate which league they won last season.

Icons for past champs from older seasons. Not sure how this would work..

The unfortunate constraint here is that the picture must be 20x20 pixels. Not a lot of room to work with!

However, on the boxscore page, notice how in the "Game Stats" section there is the team logo, and below the team logo, is the controller icon? That icon can be changed to 48x48 pixels, and can be different from the little 20x20 icon. So if you can come up with a nice 48x48 design, we can use that on the boxscore page. So there is more room here for listing championships.

A 96x96 icon could also be created to put on the coach page (which currently doesn't have a picture, but it'd be the same size as the big logo on the Team page)

Thanks!

Here's a 20x20 star + letter:

blitz_champ_image20x20.jpg

Here's a couple 48x48 star + letters:

blitz_champ_image48x48.jpg

blitz_champ_image48x48-2.jpg

Just worked these up pretty quickly to get an idea. If you like them, I can polish them up a bit. If you make suggestions, I can try to incorporate them.

Currently, the font for the lettering is Arial Black.

Hey, thanks guys.

Something to like from all of these ideas.

The blue/red ones are pretty clear to read.

The cup with letter is pretty nice, probably my favourite, although maybe the colour of the letter could be different.

I like the gold star look, but that could be tough to get down to 20x20 pixels. Can you shrink the gold star down, and then put the A/B on top, bigger than the star? The font wookie used is nicer, Arial Black.

Thanks again!

i can make it any size, any color, was thinkin a sliver star might be useful for something too. also i could put the year or something the 96x96 image.

20x 20 arial black

2nss8so.jpg

that is small almost cant make out the letters

can you post the plain star graphic? I'll see what I can come up with (probably just make the letter bigger, so it's not entirely contained in the star..)

Man... leave your computer for 7 hours and things actually start happening! (sometimes)

Those early red/blue stars were ripped directly off an NHL '94 screenshot.

Personally, I love Jay's star design. I'm gonna try to incorporate that light / dark gold color gradient for an updated icon with the Cup of Lord Stanley Ga. Unfortunately, I can't work on it tonight. Big school projects due tomorrow and Monday.

Can you post the bigger gold star image, please? I'd like to see if lanczos resizing gives a better result when resized to 20x20

Man... leave your computer for 7 hours and things actually start happening! (sometimes)

Those early red/blue stars were ripped directly off an NHL '94 screenshot.

Personally, I love Jay's star design. I'm gonna try to incorporate that light / dark gold color gradient for an updated icon with the Cup of Lord Stanley Ga. Unfortunately, I can't work on it tonight. Big school projects due tomorrow and Monday.

ahh so that's how you made the stars, good idea, it's just the star under the players?

96 x 96:

cup-a96x96.jpgcup-b96x96.jpg

48 x 48:

cup-a48x48.jpgcup-b48x48.jpg

20 x 20:

cup-a20x20.jpgcup-b20x20.jpg

This is my best shot so far... the 20x20 is a tough little guy, but if you like the basic idea I can go in with my scalpel and do some fine pixel surgery.

Edited by da94wookiee

96 x 96:

cup-a96x96.jpgcup-b96x96.jpg

48 x 48:

cup-a48x48.jpgcup-b48x48.jpg

20 x 20:

cup-a20x20.jpgcup-b20x20.jpg

This is my best shot so far... the 20x20 is a tough little guy, but if you like the basic idea I can go in with my scalpel and do some fine pixel surgery.

I think these are the winners, very cool!

Awesome. Jay's designs were indeed tit-tickling and I hope he doesn't mind that I completely stole his color gradient. Teamwork makes the dream work!

I'm kind of a perfectionist, so I see some little things I can fix. For now I'm just gonna leave it be. Once they're up on the blitz website, I'll have a better idea of spacing and can do some correction.

Edited by da94wookiee