NHL'94 Forums

Survivor - Playoff Week 1 Update

kingraph

I ask that you all get your series completed in one week, by March 25th. If you're having trouble setting up a mutual time that works, just let the rest of us know there's going to be a delay. If you can't get in contact with the other coach, post your availability on the "Schedule A Game" subforum. If you don't respond all week, you'll risk forfeiting your series.

As we can see from the game details, we still have two open series left to be played. Wookie (3) and RWD (6) have not played any games, have not posted on the forums their availability or reasons for the delay. Wookie let me know that they were supposed to be on Thursday, but RWD was not on. Have you guys figured this out?

Vocally Caged (7) & Houli (2) have gotten 3 games into their series, and Houli currently leads the series 2-1. Please let us know when you plan on completing your series!

Congratulations to Freydey, who swept dcicon in to advance to the division semi-finals! He will face the winner of the Wookie/RWD series. Frey managed to only use WSH,HTF,TB, & SJ(pending), so he still has strong teams to use for the remainder of the playoffs. Thanks for a great season dcicon, I hope to see you in the next Survivor league!

Congratulations to smozoma, who won his series against PRoBob 4-1. After losing the 1st game, smozoma managed to rattle off 4 in a row. Smoz used PHI,CAL,EDM,WSH, & VAN for his victory. Smozoma now faces KingRaph, in a rematch of the Fall'11 GENS B classic finals. Smozoma won that series 4-2, and hopes to repeat that result this week! Thank you PRoBob for a great season, I also hope to see you next Survivor!

Congratulations to BoKnows, who eked out a 7 game series vs. kupuck to advance! Some big teams were used to come away with the victory (DAL/CAL/DAL/TOR/CAL/WSH/CHI) and BoKnows now has to play the division champ IceStorm in the Division semi-finals! It's the current SDL champ vs the 2012 champ! Many thanks to kupuck for a great season (played all 36!), I'm hoping to see you next season!

Congratulations to Carse, who beat Pearate in 5 games to advance! Carse used TB and NYI twice, and NJ once to advance. A very good 1st round that leaves Carse with plenty of options against the winner of the VC/Houli matchup. Many thanks to Pearate for coming in as a replacement and knocking out a complete season! Hope to see you back again.

I will have the schedules and matchups updated later this afternoon for those who can and want to start (KingRaph/Smozoma & BoKnows/IceStorm). Let's finish up these other series guys!

Edited by kingraph

Update: Houli beats Vocally Caged in 5! Congrats, you are now scheduled to play Carse in the next round. Thank you VC, hope to see you next season!

The spreadsheet is ready to go, so you can log your games immediately! Frey still has to wait for the wookie/RWD series to play out.

I need to be granted access so that I can log games or the results won't be shown

Houli used Winnipeg to beat me, and they aren't allowed, so it looks like our series isn't over.

Yes, you're right. Please replay those games and use the 18 teams that are available to you. Remember, when inputting, click on the dropdown box when selecting the teams, so you won't make that error. The only way you were able to input "WPG" was by typing it in directly. While this still works for the teams you can use, it can cause mistakes.

Available teams here (same as regular season): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsGAzpWFo9T7dEhuRE9US1ZaRmV5OWItSUZYcG1vYUE&gid=3

Yes, you're right. Please replay those games and use the 18 teams that are available to you. Remember, when inputting, click on the dropdown box when selecting the teams, so you won't make that error. The only way you were able to input "WPG" was by typing it in directly. While this still works for the teams you can use, it can cause mistakes.

Available teams here (same as regular season): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsGAzpWFo9T7dEhuRE9US1ZaRmV5OWItSUZYcG1vYUE&gid=3

I've never noticed the option to use a dropdown, always typed it :/

Guest Houli

Houli used Winnipeg to beat me, and they aren't allowed, so it looks like our series isn't over.

you're absolutely right! I have 1 win and 1 Lost with the jets,so the serie is 3-1 and not 4-2! do you really think this will change the end of this serie? lol

That was quick! Thanks for finishing out the series guys. VC came on strong and won the next two, forcing a game 7, but ultimately Houli held on to win. Tough series and Houli had to use both BUF and CHI home/away, plus DET/BOS/&VAN to get the victory.

Houli is slated to play Carse now. Houli is the higher seed, and will get home ice. Good luck to you both.