NHL'94 Forums

has this happened to anyone else?

minpind

jaylighter and I took it to OT in an exi......i'm pretty sure there was a penalty called on jay before....i tried to score but got decked by belfour......what happens next is sdfnsdfjsdfnsdvdkvxvmxnvsdjvn.

also looks like kvartalnov could have used some sort of jedi mind trick to help move it in

jaylighter and I took it to OT in an exi......i'm pretty sure there was a penalty called on jay before....i tried to score but got decked by belfour......what happens next is sdfnsdfjsdfnsdvdkvxvmxnvsdjvn.

also looks like kvartalnov could have used some sort of jedi mind trick to help move it in

Seems legit. :)

wacky. never seen anything like that with the SNES version.

You probably had a breakaway, penalty called for a penalty shot.

When a penalty shot is called and the whistle blows to end the play, if you manage to shoot the puck in the goal during the few seconds after the whistle, it will just go in and skip the penalty shot altogether. Bad bug. Particularly in OT!

What makes this play more wacky is that the play ended by Belfour killing Craven and puck trickling in the goal.

another crazy penalty shot bug:

if you incur a penalty shot, and then switch your goalies, then the player can't score. if they shoot past the goalie, the puck will go through the net (and i think the boards, too). no idea how that bug would work...

the pre-penalty shot goal bug is a simple one, they must have removed the 'can't score' invisible wall on the net too early, and since the puck is just sitting there, it goes in, and *wwwwwrreeeeeiiinnn* goalllll

Haha. Was this a classic league game or just an exhi? If I lost a league game on a goal like that my opponent wouldn't hear the end of it! lol

i was gunna say what la robbie said. what if this was a lg game? or a playoff?

Our Etiquette Guide says,

"Goal after the whistle: At the end of a play that would result in an ensuing penalty shot, if you shoot the puck during the stoppage (before the penalty shot), the puck will go in the net and score. Good sportsman on your part to pull your goalie and give up the equalizer goal, however you would have had a penalty shot that you no longer have. I can only hope this never happens on a game-winning or OT goal! Hopefully both players agree to a redo, but at the end of the day if it happens, you may just have to deal with it as part of the game."

i saw some weird goal in my career lol. One is in blitz 6 against kingraph, he score with 0:00 of the third period and that's the winning goal. One other is when i played against oilers442 i think. I take a penalty for interference in the goalie and when we watch the guy go on the penalty box we hear the sound of the goal and 1 more goal appear on my side lol.

I think the weird part is how the puck is stopped for so long and then slowly drifts in at a sharp angle. in the SNES version, scoring a hattrick at the whistle can lead to strangeness. I'm pretty sure that's what lead to Kevin Lowe geting bombarded with fours and D's. wish I had proof of that one. it was on a console, so it could have been a misalignment, too, I guess.