NHL'94 Forums

Which team misses out on the playoffs this year?

halifax

who won't make playoffs?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. who misses out in the East?

• Buffalo
    • Washington
  2. 2. who misses out in the West?

• Dallas
    • Phoenix
    • Los Angeles
    • San Jose

Only 8 days left in the regular season. I think they final got it right have every team play on the final day next Saturday. Who's gonna miss out? Should the NHL expand to more teams making the playoffs in the future? I know smoz has a better format than the current NHL playoffs.

For the East:

Washington. They were just missing some pieces and they couldn't keep their consistency up. Ovechkin can't bail them out all the time, so I would think he'd need some help. I don't see them making the playoffs over Buffalo because the Sabres played with a lot of heart these past few weeks.

For the West:

San Jose, because the case of the Sharks is even worse than the Capitals! They were almost a shoe-in for the Pacific not too long ago and they have the better talent overall. What the hell happened, San Jose?! How did you get such a terrible collapse? I have better odds by saying that the Kings will get the division championship after going through a lot of adversity and they got it together at the right time.

For me, it would be a bloody shame if both the Sabres and the Kings totally miss out.

For the East:

Washington. They were just missing some pieces and they couldn't keep their consistency up. Ovechkin can't bail them out all the time, so I would think he'd need some help. I don't see them making the playoffs over Buffalo because the Sabres played with a lot of heart these past few weeks.

For the West:

San Jose, because the case of the Sharks is even worse than the Capitals! They were almost a shoe-in for the Pacific not too long ago and they have the better talent overall. What the hell happened, San Jose?! How did you get such a terrible collapse? I have better odds by saying that the Kings will get the division championship after going through a lot of adversity and they got it together at the right time.

For me, it would be a bloody shame if both the Sabres and the Kings totally miss out.

Hey Iceguy. Have been trying to get hold of you to talk about Blitz trades. Sent you AIMs and a PM on here. Can you look for me on AIM please

LA and Washington. Two teams with great talent that are underachieving and dysfunctional. Teams with heart will get in.

I'm sorry, but I have to stop and look. Los Angeles isn't really that dysfunctional and more on the underachieving side. They don't have as many problems as some of the teams have and they manage to work up a groove just in time. They're still on top of the Pacific as of this writing and it's likely they'll get the 3rd seed.

surprising no votes for dallas..yet they are sitting in 9th right now

They could edge out the Sharks, but they'll need a bit of help in order to get in.

San Jose and Buffalo.

I'd say Washington gives NYR a good ride. Maybe an upset. OTT sucks, Florida goes on and we'll watch PHI/PIT tapes 20 years from now.

It's funny to see how the roles have turned for the Rangers and the Capitals, but I have a feeling that New York will finish the job this time if the Caps do make it. Florida, oddly enough, is seen as the weakest 3rd seed so far in light of their gaffes and they wouldn't even have the division if not for Washington to be mired by inconsistency yet again at this height of the season! I have a feeling the Devils are gonna bounce them out in 5-6 games.

One thing's for sure, Pens/Flyers will be a blast. Almost literally!