NHL'94 Forums

Tortorella!

Guest Houli

Guest Houli

My link

The NHL has fined New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella $20,000 US for his comments following Thursday's 5-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Tortorella was furious after the game, which included a knee-on-knee hit by Pens defenceman Brooks Orpik on New York forward Derek Stepan.

"It's a cheap, dirty hit," Tortorella said. "I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars over there. I wonder what would happen. So I'm anxious to see what happens with the league with this. Just not respect amongst players. None. It's sickening."

Orpik, who was assessed five-minute major penalty on the play, was not disciplined by the league.

"[The Penguins] whine about this stuff all of the time, and look what happens?" Tortorella said. "It's ridiculous. But they'll whine about something else over there, won't they?"

Tortorella also attacked Penguins' management, calling them "one of the most arrogant organizations in the league."

:o

After having read this I understand why carse is arrogant. :lol:

Edited by Houli

My link

The NHL has fined New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella $20,000 US for his comments following Thursday's 5-2 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Tortorella was furious after the game, which included a knee-on-knee hit by Pens defenceman Brooks Orpik on New York forward Derek Stepan.

"It's a cheap, dirty hit," Tortorella said. "I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars over there. I wonder what would happen. So I'm anxious to see what happens with the league with this. Just not respect amongst players. None. It's sickening."

Orpik, who was assessed five-minute major penalty on the play, was not disciplined by the league.

"[The Penguins] whine about this stuff all of the time, and look what happens?" Tortorella said. "It's ridiculous. But they'll whine about something else over there, won't they?"

Tortorella also attacked Penguins' management, calling them "one of the most arrogant organizations in the league."

:o

After having read this I understand why carse is arrogant. :lol:

When you have 3 teams calling the Penguins dirty (3 teams that hate each other, no less) guess what? You're a dirty team. The league is in bed with crybaby crosby and his daddy crybaby mario. We all know that.