NHL'94 Forums

NHL94-12 Playoff Edition is out..

Fiddy

Awesome stuff. What's the chances of you talking me through editing the fatigue to get it league ready Smoz? :D

Also, this being the playoff edition is it going to have that monster 1 hour OT clock? How easy is that to change for the league games?

how do you apply the patch?

I believe there's an instruction file and everything you need that comes with the download?

awesome edit Fiddy...the game is difficult as hell tho.

clockwise did the rom....not fiddy (If I read your post correctly)

Awesome stuff. What's the chances of you talking me through editing the fatigue to get it league ready Smoz? :D

Also, this being the playoff edition is it going to have that monster 1 hour OT clock? How easy is that to change for the league games?

You would get alot of interest if you just kept line changes off,its alot more fun.

You would get alot of interest if you just kept line changes off,its alot more fun.

I agree. Line Changes Off is more fun.

Here's a .bin made by running the patch conversion and renaming to nhl12playoffs.bin.

nhl12playoffs.bin

Edited by da94wookiee

oh and when I score it plays the period ending horn. when the period ends it plays the goal siren. anyone else getting this issue?

That's intentional, if a bit confusing until you get used to it. No one wants to hear that siren that much, anyway :D

Playoff edition is awesome !! Does anyone know where the Player Card's are stored/located if we wanted to replace a player on this version. (i.e. if Messier is located at 000D71AE on the original NHL94.bin, where would Brad Richards and the other current player cards be on the NHL94-12 Playoff bin).

Thank you, I have tried those Player Card codes via Tile Molester. When I try any of the codes it takes me to the Player Cards of NHL94. I am trying to search the new Player Cards in NHL12 Playoff Edition via Tile Molester. When I Navigate > Go To > 000D71A4 (000D71AE) it shows Mark Messier when I would think it should show me the image of one of the current Ranger players. Is that not the case?

I think I understand that the problem is that they were replaced by generics in the hack and that the specific addresses don't relate. you would need to figure out the pattern of how they are stored and used and relate that to the hack you seek to modify. maybe stuff has moved and you want to search for code you are sure of and then apply the pattern to how it is used. I'm not a Genesis guy, so I am not sure on my advice. player cards are the thing I learned most recently (for SNES) and by "learned," I mean applied my attention as best as I could and hacked the shit out of the player cards in my ROM and promptly forgot what it entailed, so when I needed to remove a goaltender from FLA, I had to relearn it. it still isn't clear in my retired-from-learning-over-twenty-years-ago brain. good luck and I hope somebody has exactly the help you are seeking.

Edited by trudatman

Thank you, I have tried those Player Card codes via Tile Molester. When I try any of the codes it takes me to the Player Cards of NHL94. I am trying to search the new Player Cards in NHL12 Playoff Edition via Tile Molester. When I Navigate > Go To > 000D71A4 (000D71AE) it shows Mark Messier when I would think it should show me the image of one of the current Ranger players. Is that not the case?

If you can see Mark Messier, then you're almost done.

Just hit the Page Down button and keep going until you see what looks like a new set of player pictures. It'll be in the 2nd half of the ROM somewhere.

replaced with new pictures, then? cool. I've never tried importing images into any of my games. they either already exist or I alter them or I draw new ones. the Zelda program I use imports, but even though I've been using the thing for ten years, I still haven't put the effort into figuring that stuff out. how hard is it on the Genesis side of '94? pretty easy, as is replacing the title screen, right? I doubt it is as easy on the SNES side. nothing ever is, it seems. probably mostly because we don't have a Smoz of our own. not sure if it relates at all, but this reminds me to try swapping the two PHI banner colors to make Jagr's mullet dark instead of orange.

wboy left in the original images and added extra images in the empty space created when he expanded the ROM. You can overwrite the originals or the new ones, it doesn't really matter. The player images are referenced by the their address, so you just point the address to the image, wherever you put it.

If you can see Mark Messier, then you're almost done.

Just hit the Page Down button and keep going until you see what looks like a new set of player pictures. It'll be in the 2nd half of the ROM somewhere.

This worked !! Thank you smozoma, much appreciated !!

• 3 weeks later...

I just realized that there's an awesome 2on2 ROM with all the current NHL rosters. The classic 2on2 has every skater set to the same skill, which is more of a true test of each user. This ROM has the actual NHL rosters, which allows for some handicap in skill level (pittsburgh is stacked with crosby and malkin) and some strategy because you can choose which player on the roster you want to be. Let's play!

NHL12-2on2 Playoffs.bin

Edited by da94wookiee

I just realized that there's an awesome 2on2 ROM with all the current NHL rosters. The classic 2on2 has every skater set to the same skill, which is more of a true test of each user. This ROM has the actual NHL rosters, which allows for some handicap in skill level (pittsburgh is stacked with crosby and malkin) and some strategy because you can choose which player on the roster you want to be. Let's play!

It's a really cool idea-- each person more or less gets to pick what player they will be using for the entire game.

However, we tried using the rom last night and it immediately desunk each time.

it floated? they both named exactly the same after unzipping?

it floated? they both named exactly the same after unzipping?

yeah. All four of us were able to join, so I would assume the file names were the same. We tried it a few times, but once the game loaded we were almost immediately out of sync.