NHL'94 Forums

NHL94-12 Playoff Edition is out..

Fiddy

Yeah, we guessed it was due to the goalie hack, 6 button configuration...but that was just speculation.

Yeah, great point Raph.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO CONFIGURE THEIR CONTROLLER AS A 6 BUTTON CONTROLLER IN GENS. If you don't do this then there will be a de-sync as soon as you start playing. The same is true of the regular 5on5 playoff ROM or any other ROM with the one-button switch to goalie hack. I use a regular 3-button sega controller, and just didn't program the other 3 buttons.

From the pixelpuck website itself:

"Kaneda even went the extra mile and worked with me to make sure his goalie control hack would work in 4 Way Play for 2on2."

So like Wookie said, make sure you have your controllers configurations in GENS set to 6-button (even if you are using 3). We should try it again...goalie button on 2v2 would be sick because it takes extra long to get control of the goalie during 2v2 play.

On a side note, that post on pixelpuck mentions potential future uses for the "X" and "Z" button.

"here are plans in the future to remap the two extra buttons. (X) will be used to change lines. What exactly the (Z) button will be used for is undetermined, perhaps as a saucer pass button or as a drop pass button. I’m open to suggestions."

Getting the "X" button to change lines would be sweet. :)

On a side note, that post on pixelpuck mentions potential future uses for the "X" and "Z" button.

"here are plans in the future to remap the two extra buttons. (X) will be used to change lines. What exactly the (Z) button will be used for is undetermined, perhaps as a saucer pass button or as a drop pass button. I’m open to suggestions."

Getting the "X" button to change lines would be sweet. :)

Or X & Z for Snes style defender control? Is that even possible on GENS?

Or X & Z for Snes style defender control? Is that even possible on GENS?

With Jesus, anything seems possible. :P

I suggested on the site to use the "Z" button as a guarantee switch to another player. I hate when I'm poke checking like a maniac when my actual intent is to switch players (or vice versa...about to poke check a guy, and now I have control of the trailing forward!). It would be nice, similar to the SNES defender switch, to hit one button for switching players and one for poke checks.

• 1 month later...