NHL'94 Forums

GENS and KEGA Fusion

abcdpotato

Hey guys, looking for some emulator-based wisdom...

I know most people on here use the emulator GENS, but I never use it because (as far as I'm aware) it doesn't support a fixed aspect ratio in full screen mode or in an enlarged window. This just means that everything looks elongated on my 16:9 monitor, and it's not that playable. I much prefer KEGA Fusion, which does support fixed aspect ratio full screen (and IMO is just a way better emulator -- loads of video and sound options, including fake scanlines for that authentic look...) -- if you aren't familiar with it, you can get it here: http://kega-fusion.en.softonic.com/

I was just wondering if anyone had had any success playing a netplay game on KEGA against someone who was using GENS? I've tried and failed, but I put this down to my noobishness.

Any help would be much appreciated, and, of course, rewarded with many riches.

they do networking in different ways, so you can't play kega vs gens.

try turning off 'stretch' in the video options for gens, that should fix the elongation issue?

for me, i actually prefer being able to set my own window size, using stretching, which is a feature kega lacks!

Thanks for the reply man...

For some reason turning stretch off seems to work in-game, just not in any of the menus. Think I only ever got as far as the menu before switching to KEGA in the past, so never realised that it would work in-game.

9s7b7c.pngxnysz9.png

Edited by abcdpotato

• 10 months later...

i use Kega Fusion because everytime i open gens it shows up in a corner and i can't get it out

if you're using windows 7, press [windows key]+[up arrow] and that'll maximize it

if you're using windows 7, press [windows key]+[up arrow] and that'll maximize it

i wish i had windows 7 smoz but i have that old windows xp and i kinda dont use emulators in full screen just in case someone messages me on aim or facebook so that way i can easily pause it and check the message.

A couple other solution ideas:

Go into the Gens folder and delete the config file (I think it's called gens.cfg, or config.ini). That file probably controls where the window loads, so deleting it might reset the window position.

Or, right-click on the Gens item in the task bar and select "maximize" (maximize is not the same as full screen)

(nothing wrong with XP, i used it up until about a year ago!)