NHL'94 Forums

Round 1 - Penguins vs Flyers Thread

smozoma

definitely Voc lol his post game comment was something to the extent of "i'm all out of faith"

So VC is rooting for Pittsburgh?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*edit*

crap, it double posted.

A few notes from Pittsburgh:

- Here in Pittsburgh, people are starting to question Bylsma. If we lose this series, it will be the third straight disappointing playoff exit in a row. Bylsma is starting to look like a robotic coach who can't connect with his players.

- Pens fans started clearing out of the game when we went down two goals. This is unacceptable. And it really doesn't represent the core of the fan base. The wrong people get tickets. It pisses me off when you go to the game and see a ton families and 50 year old couples. These people can watch the game at home-- we need young, passionate, drunken fans at the games, all of whom would be able to go more often if tickets weren't so damn expensive. (My idea is that they have a three drink minimum at the games)

Edited by Wittgenstein

So far, this series has been the most enjoyable to watch. They did not disappoint!

You mean all of the series, Halifax. Almost every series has gone on to OT at least once and the only ones that hasn't gone down that road are Kings/Canucks and Predators/Red Wings.

Uh oh, I think I may have jinxed it!

Edited by RedWingDevil

Guest Houli

You mean all of the series, Halifax. Almost every series has gone on to OT at least once and the only ones that hasn't gone down that road are Kings/Canucks and Predators/Red Wings.

Uh oh, I think I may have jinxed it!

a cheater speak!

Good God this has gone horribly wrong to this point. Pens need more presence in the neutral zone. Philly's coming into our zone with speed every rush. We seem content playing this track meet game that Philly wants. Get some bodies in the neutral zone, quit trying to make these cute passes, get pucks deep amd grind it out. It's the opposite of '08 and '09, the Pens are the team that will benefit if they can slow it down amd go to work. Despite popular belief, the Pens d-unit is very solid, but they're playing this wide open game that goes right into Philly's hands.

Any Pens fans who are looking for reasons to keep hope:

"The Penguins are a veteran group that has experienced the highs and lows of the playoffs. In fact, they only need to look back to four seasons ago for lessons to use in the current postseason.

The last two times the Penguins fell behind 2-0 in a series they came back to win both series in seven games – both occurred during the team’s 2009 Stanley Cup championship run (Washington, Detroit). Twelve members of that ’09 team are on the Penguins’ current roster."

And:

"The Penguins have only lost the first two games of a playoff series at home once in team history – the 1996 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against Washington. Pittsburgh won the next four games to win that series."

Any Pens fans who are looking for reasons to keep hope:

"The Penguins are a veteran group that has experienced the highs and lows of the playoffs. In fact, they only need to look back to four seasons ago for lessons to use in the current postseason.

The last two times the Penguins fell behind 2-0 in a series they came back to win both series in seven games – both occurred during the team’s 2009 Stanley Cup championship run (Washington, Detroit). Twelve members of that ’09 team are on the Penguins’ current roster."

And:

"The Penguins have only lost the first two games of a playoff series at home once in team history – the 1996 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against Washington. Pittsburgh won the next four games to win that series."

They just noted that phile has never lost a series after being up 2-0. Someone tell me who to bet on today.

Either way...this is the best series to watch.

It was unexpected from Crosby, though some would argue that was dumb. Even dumber was Timmonen picking the fight with a big guy like Letang. I don't think he'll fight again anytime soon because he got seriously dominated.

You got your wish, dude.

Even if Timmonen was older, he still shouldn't have fought.

hahaha pens losing with lot of class..watta bunch of homos!

wow, Fleury is totally lost on the ice, 13 goals in 5 periods. Asham is probably gonna get suspended for rest of series, Neal will at least get the $2500 for leaving his skates on the hit on Couturier. Crosby didnt "beat the snot out of Giroux" he landed 1 punch while the linesmen had a hold of them. Timonen did get beat, but he also got Letang tossed from the game so w/e even swap there. I'm glad you're whinny a$$ team is gonna get swept right out of the playoffs. YOU CANT BEAT US!!!!!!!!!

That 4th one's always the toughest. Most likely over but the Pens have 3 days to get it figured out defensively. Fleury's outstanding in his career in games after getting pulled. Gotta take it 1 at a time, get it back to Pittsburgh. xdeathsblood had a nice defensive reaction, Timmonen got "beat" is a severe understatement, and Giroux Was beaten up by Crosby, I know no Philly fan wants to admit that but he did. And lasty, you better hope those chants don't comeback and bite you. You may be hearing it back after game 7....

People in NHL.com are chirping on how cheap Crosby was even in the 'fights' he was involved in. They must have watched a different game from mine because at the very least he didn't have to hide behind something or someone when it comes to fights.

Guest Houli

Way to stay positive dude, but seriously, you are on Sid's dick right now. He throws one punch when the ref has G held and you say he kicked his ass.

YA ! Robbie like the cheap shots...oppss Redwingdevil like the cheap shots!

Way to stay positive dude, but seriously, you are on Sid's dick right now. He throws one punch when the ref has G held and you say he kicked his ass.

Giroux lost the fight. Period. Not that it really matters. I'm terribly sorry that me saying that offended you so much.

G is a pussy!! Crosby owned him. Timmonen has a broken cheek bone at the very least from getting manhandled by tanger.. he got 100% ruined by an incredibly frustrated letang. Im glad he got tossed because he would have ended up taking 5 more penalties. Fleury needed to be pulled after 1 period, but he did seem to get it together at the end of the 2nd (then Bylsma pulls him.. WTF??)

This series has been a clusterf*ck seems more like an nhl94 game than real nhl

Viscious,dirty,s**t referees,more viscious,more dirty,most violent playoffs yet,no one respects anyone and if they could use knives and guns they would,maybe just give them all baseball bats with spikes through them ,but very entertaining haha

People in NHL.com are chirping on how cheap Crosby was even in the 'fights' he was involved in. They must have watched a different game from mine because at the very least he didn't have to hide behind something or someone when it comes to fights.

Let's see the record:

Fighting people while they're getting held - Check

Punching a guy repeatadly in the sack from behind - Check

Punching a guy while he's taking the faceoff - Check

Crosby's a big pussy.