NHL'94 Forums

Round 1 - Penguins vs Flyers Thread

smozoma

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or is this playoffs the worst for cheapshots?

Hagelin elbow on Alfreddson

Weber turnbuckle head smash on Zetterberg

Carkner pops Boyle then keeps going on the ice

Asham on Schenn

Neal launches into Couturier (although I can understand that the fact they were going to collide could have been an accident, I run into guys like that all the time but I don't jump at them)

The elbow in SJ (I forget who it was..)

The one from the Vancouver game...

I'm probably even missing a bunch.

Running Mike Smith behind the net

Is it just me, or is this playoffs the worst for cheapshots?

Hagelin elbow on Alfreddson

Weber turnbuckle head smash on Zetterberg

Carkner pops Boyle then keeps going on the ice

Asham on Schenn

Neal launches into Couturier (although I can understand that the fact they were going to collide could have been an accident, I run into guys like that all the time but I don't jump at them)

The elbow in SJ (I forget who it was..)

The one from the Vancouver game...

I'm probably even missing a bunch.

Running Mike Smith behind the net

I totally agree. Players have absolutely no respect for each other these playoffs.

Shanahan made an awful mistake by not suspending Weber after game 1 of Preds-Wings. That was one of the most flagrant headshots I've ever seen. Slamming someone's head to the boards with an open fist has no place in hockey. Other teams noticed, and now it seems like everyone's competing to see who can make the dirtiest hits.

Kind of strange timing, considering that last month the New Orleans Saints came under fire in the NFL for a "bounty" system (paying players extra for causing injuries)... It looks pretty obvious that players around these playoffs are specifically trying to injure guys on the other team, and coaches are encouraging it.

I still don't get how landing 1 half assed punch when tied up WITH A LINESMAN that didn't even knock Giroux down equals "kicking Giroux's ass" they had a good 5-10 seconds to actualy fight but Cindy waited until a linesman came in and grabbed on to them to attempt to throw a punch. Crosby will gladly throw punches when he knows his opponent can't throw one back but the 2 other times when Giroux and Hartnell challenged him he won't drop the gloves. He acts tough but is about as tough as a wet paper bag. Hope you guys like playing 3 men short in game 4 cause you for sure won't have Asham and Adams, and id say its 50/50 if you will have Neal.

If you are a hockey fan, you cannot condone the type of play the Penguins exhibited yesterday. And you must admit that Crosby is a little b***h who never finishes his own fights. That was a trashy game and the Flyers played with a s much class as they could given the complete lack of class the Penguins showed.

If you are a hockey fan, you cannot condone the type of play the Penguins exhibited yesterday. And you must admit that Crosby is a little b***h who never finishes his own fights. That was a trashy game and the Flyers played with a s much class as they could given the complete lack of class the Penguins showed.

This sums up game 3 perfectly

Smozoma: This is all part of the ''no fights'' stupid shitty gimmick.

The geniuses behind that plan didn't figure that cheap shots would be much more present.

At the same time i condomne 100% staged fights and i hate goons.

I like when real hockey players go after a guy who hit one of their guys dirty.

who cares who won the fights hahaha flyers leads 3-0

The Penguins had to do it-- it was either that, or just concede the series. Plus, this is the Flyers and Penguins. I have a feeling that the people who think the Pens were classless have never watched a Pens-Flyers game. When these two teams play, class immediately goes out of the window. Both teams hate each other and both teams expect the game to get out of hand. It's not like this was against Vancouver or some team that we don't have deep history of hate with.

Asham was out of line (although he was responding to a hit; the Flyers would have done something along the same lines), but I don't think he had any intent to injure. The crosscheck wasn't that hard and it was at Schenn's chest. If he really wanted to, he could have knocked Schenn out for the playoffs. The intent was just to knock him over and start a fight.

As for the punch... it was one punch with his gloves on. Again, if he really wanted to, he could have seriously messed up Schenn.

Neal's hit on Giroux was clean. The one before that wasn't, but, again, they needed a spark for the fourth game. I don't blame Neal; he was frustrated. I'd rather see a frustrated player do that (as long as no one gets injured) than just coast around and pretend like he's enjoying the loss to his bitter rival.

And I don't understand the name calling on Crosby. He fought; he got in the scrums; he showed passion. And this is a guy who has a past of concussions-- you'd expect someone with his past to just bottle it up and avoid all contact, but he didn't. I don't know what else people want him to do.

Edited by Wittgenstein

If the penguins hadn't scored 3 goals right away in game 1, I think this series would be quite different right now.

As it is now, they Penguins are throwing it away, trying to play differently because it's the Flyers.

I still don't get how landing 1 half assed punch when tied up WITH A LINESMAN that didn't even knock Giroux down equals "kicking Giroux's ass" they had a good 5-10 seconds to actualy fight but Cindy waited until a linesman came in and grabbed on to them to attempt to throw a punch. Crosby will gladly throw punches when he knows his opponent can't throw one back but the 2 other times when Giroux and Hartnell challenged him he won't drop the gloves. He acts tough but is about as tough as a wet paper bag. Hope you guys like playing 3 men short in game 4 cause you for sure won't have Asham and Adams, and id say its 50/50 if you will have Neal.

I CONCUR WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE. WE'LL SEE YOU WEDNESDAY!!!

It amazes me how all of the Crosby haters will find a reason to cry no matter what he does. He doesn't get into scrums? he is a p*ssy. He fights guys equal of skill? He should fight goons. He does things to get under other players skin? He is a punk.

People will hate on Crosby for being the best player in the NHL regardless of what he does. I just find it funny to watch these idiots try to justify it in their minds.

I never said Crosby should fight goons like Rinaldo, I just said if he's gonna throw a punch he should do it BEFORE a linesman gets involved to break up the fight. When he finally did throw a half a punch it was after about 30 seconds of being locked up with Giroux and about 3 seconds after the linesman was trying to break it up. Personally I'm glad that Crosby seemed more interested in agitating in game 3 than trying to win.

As for getting on Crosby about scrums he shouldn't get involved in every scrum, I get scared when Giroux mixes it up sometimes, but if he starts something he has the guts to finish it. Its when Crosby starts things then bails on fighting his own battles is where he draws ire

ok so now we have disproven your previous complaint glad we cleared that up.. Now I assume you are referring to the Hartnell thing at the end. Crosby cant help that Adams looks up and sees the #1 player in the world tied up with the ugliest goon in the NHL. I am sure Adams thought Hartnell jumped Cosby, which wasn't the case. Either way, how can you fault Crosby for his teammate coming in and pulling a goon off of him?? This is once again something he has no control over that Crosby haters use against him.

Get mad at Adams for breaking them up, not crosby for having a 4th liner come in and defend his star player. I know this is something that NEVER happens around the league though...

carse is mad

And your wrong, Crosby threw the first punch, right hand uppercut under the linesmans arm, Giroux threw his just after Crosby and missed then they both fell to the ice. Its on hockeyfights, watch it again.

Hartnell is far from the "ugliest goon" in the league, we have 2 far more worthless goons than him (Rinaldo and Shelly) and you have worse (Asham and England). and I'm not referring to any specific incident but you know all the times Crosby pulls stuff.

Personally, I found the sweeping away of the glove to be hilarious. A harmless way to punk someone and get under their skin, and it worked. Someone should have told Kunitz to stay in bed yesterday and the pens would have been much better off though lol 2 of the dumbest penalties I have ever seen when the pens had gotten back into it.

Ya know, I've gotta drop out of this thread, I'm doing what I've said I shouldn't and getting PO'ed on here and this site should be fun. I stand by my point of view but I don't want things to get ugly. I don't want to get anyone here angry at me and I don't want to get angry at anyone, I try to be as civil as possible with everyone on the boards and don't wanna ruin that. so like I said I've said my piece here and I'm gonna ignore this thread from now on

Hope you guys like playing 3 men short in game 4 cause you for sure won't have Asham and Adams, and id say its 50/50 if you will have Neal.

9 goals through 2 periods, Tangradi >>>> Asham. Looks like they're lovin' it.

Looks like the Penguins live to fight another day. One good rout deserves another.

Edited by RedWingDevil

Pens looked like carse vs houly nhl94

LAWL

But honestly game 5 will be incredibly intense. I can see it going to OT if the pens find a way to grind it out then it is game on. Can't wait for Friday!!

But honestly game 5 will be incredibly intense. I can see it going to OT if the pens find a way to grind it out then it is game on. Can't wait for Friday!!

Correct about everything aside from no OT (thank God). There was some question that the Pens were gonna roll over down 3-0... MAF has risen!!!

And for the 1st time this series, the pressure is on Philly in game 6.

Edited by PRoBob38