NHL'94 Forums

Round 1 - Penguins vs Flyers Thread

smozoma

Fleury went into his mode where he just decided nothing was getting by him. The two doorstep saves on Briere are what's getting all the attention but I think the save on Hartnell was the most impressive, where he JUMPED out of the way to avoid a bank shot, then as he was coming to the ground had to get in butterfly position to make a save from point blank range

Edited by PRoBob38

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate philly, but it was a minor miracle they didn't score in the 3rd.

Yeah, textbook case of when trying to 'protect' a lead just turns into giving the other team the puck time after time so they can make constant rushes

Wtf. Fleury has one good period and suddendly he's back ON?

He's been s**t for 4 games and 2 periods.

Ummmm, Philly hasn't scored a goal not on the powerplay since game 3. He was spectacular the past 2 games, saying the 3rd period last night was "good" by him is the understatement of the year. That was the best goaltending performance of the playoffs to this point.

In other words: yes, he is "on."

Ummmm, Philly hasn't scored a goal not on the powerplay since game 3. He was spectacular the past 2 games, saying the 3rd period last night was "good" by him is the understatement of the year. That was the best goaltending performance of the playoffs to this point.

In other words: yes, he is "on."

He didn't make 30 saves. You're on crack. Rinne made 43 something against Detroit. He stole that series and ran with it.

He didn't make 30 saves. You're on crack. Rinne made 43 something against Detroit. He stole that series and ran with it.

I said the 3rd period... I didn't see Rinne make one highlight reel save after another in a must-win game for his team while nursing a 1-goal lead in the 3rd period.

But it's funny how MAF went from "s**t" to being compared to Rinne all of a sudden.

I said the 3rd period... I didn't see Rinne make one highlight reel save after another in a must-win game for his team while nursing a 1-goal lead in the 3rd period.

But it's funny how MAF went from "s**t" to being compared to Rinne all of a sudden.

s**t can still be compared to Rinne.

He didn't transform.

Okay cool. You just didn't watch the whole Preds/Wings series.

It was that, but 5 games in a row.

this series has been the worst combined goaltending series I have ever seen. Both goalies, while showing some flashes of brilliance, have been just plain garbage. Weak goal after weak goal they've let in. It doesn't speak to their abilities or their past performances but rather this playoff.

And to date, Fleury is a shade behing Bryz as the worst goalie in these playoffs.

nd last nights game, Fleury was SOOOOO lucky he didnt give up 3-4 more goals prior to the third. His positioning was absolutely atrocious and if not for a couple pipes (when there was a solid foot of opening) he'd be teeing off right now.

Wtf. Fleury has one good period and suddendly he's back ON?

He's been s**t for 4 games and 2 periods.

He was undoubtedly "on" in the third. Did you watch the game? For the last 10+ minutes, it was just non-stop rushes for the Flyers.

Agreed, though, that we don't know what he'll be like tomorrow. MAF seems to respond well to the home crowd. It's going to be rough in Philly.

For the majority of the game, the Pens were the better team. Their backcheck was nasty-- always forcing the puck carrier to the boards with no open passing lanes-- and they were able to get some really good cycles going on offense. If the Flyers aren't able to adjust, the Pens have a legit chance at winning the next two.

Also, wtf is wrong with Hulk Hogan? Did he forget that he made a video for the pens that is shown when Malkin scores? The dude must really need the money because he stabbed Pens fans in the back.

Edited by Wittgenstein

He was undoubtedly "on" in the third. Did you watch the game? For the last 10+ minutes, it was just non-stop rushes for the Flyers.

Agreed, though, that we don't know what he'll be like tomorrow. MAF seems to respond well to the home crowd. It's going to be rough in Philly.

For the majority of the game, the Pens were the better team. Their backcheck was nasty-- always forcing the puck carrier to the boards with no open passing lanes-- and they were able to get some really good cycles going on offense. If the Flyers aren't able to adjust, the Pens have a legit chance at winning the next two.

That's the equivalent of saying a guy's been on when he has taken 2 shots in a series in the same period and scored on both.

That's the equivalent of saying a guy's been on when he has taken 2 shots in a series in the same period and scored on both.

Naw, Fluery made a ton of amazing saves-- he dominated and won us the game. It would be more like calling Geno on when he gets pissed off and dominates a period.

Edited by Wittgenstein

He played well in the 2nd and 3rd, but it's (not even) one game, doesn't mean a thing. I hope he keeps it up, though, because I want a game 7.

Still, there were 2 posts, and sometimes things just come down to luck. What if Voracek put that wide-open powerplay shot into a corner, not the pads? etc etc

I hate both teams equally and have a hard time differentiating between the two. Anyone else have that issue? Seriously.

Have to remind myself who's up 3-2 etc.

You don't dominate s**t make 23 saves.

I suppose actually watching the games is a lost art...

He was dominant in the 3rd period last night, and his play the past 2 games (no idea where people are coming up with "less than one game" or "one period" :huh: ) is a promising sign. If he keeps it up, the Pens have a legitimate shot to win this series.

Btw orangeblack, where's the vid of Giroux having a hissy fit and snapping his stick after the game last night? :P

Edited by PRoBob38

I suppose actually watching the games is a lost art...

He was dominant in the 3rd period last night, and his play the past 2 games (no idea where people are coming up with "less than one game" or "one period" :huh: ) is a promising sign. If he keeps it up, the Pens have a legitimate shot to win this series.

Btw orangeblack, where's the vid of Giroux having a hissy fit and snapping his stick after the game last night? :P

He allowed 3 goals the other game. WTF are you talking about!

Yeah, all 1st period powerplay goals, one on a 5 on 3.

Again, I suppose actually watching the games is a lost art...

STFU. The only reason it was midly good is because you scored 10 goals.

Goalies are supposed to make stops on the PP too.

STFU. The only reason it was midly good is because you scored 10 goals.

Goalies are supposed to make stops on the PP too.

And penalty killers aren't supposed to let elite offensive talents pass the puck east-west around the goal either.

fluery might have failed a bit but the guy has been to 2 straight stanley cup finals and won 1 of them,so he is elite with a bad few games but i wouldnt put it past him to run the table on phi and more but nash goalie is better than most in nhl and performed spectacular in det series