NHL'94 Forums

post #1000, 2012 playoffs ROM and your mom

trudatman

so, I've been 'round here for a thousand posts. that's a thing. I'm taking this bully pulpit to direct your attention to my latest ROM. I just finished overhauling EVERY player in the game and I did a much better job with ratings this time. the ROM was built from the collective -- each team was crafted with the assistance of persons well informed on the skills of particular players/teams. it is a very thorough hack. I think everybody should try it and I know you don't all regularly visit the downloads section(s), so I am putting a link right here:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14233-ninety-flow-2012-playoffs/page__pid__115952#entry115952

that thread is still to serve its regular purpose, so this one can remain about having lots of posts and how much I suck at life. want to comment on my ratings of Ovechkin? use the other thread. want to tell me "congratulations on 1000 posts... you can leave now" or something similar? do that here.

I love this community and I sincerely thank all of you that have helped me find continued enjoyment from a twenty-year-old game.

kisses.

Edited by trudatman

no, sir. ratings came mostly from stats and data. the tougher-to-judge specs came from humans that know a team well. I got "expert" help on each team and spent a lot of time working the numbers. my ratings are based on in-season realities and are not dominated by a player's past reputation or popularity. I'm not saying the ROM you mentioned is like that, but it is easier to make three types of players and fill the league with replicas. my players are individuals, through and through. the players have personality and it works out quite well, game after game. the guys that played well this year play well in the game. the skilled-but-lazy players are works of art, to me. blah, blah, blah....

had to ask that here, didn't you? this thread is for insulting me.

just gotta mention that clockwise goes to massive lengths when doing his ratings. like he buys hockey card sets and reads the bios, and watches videos of the players. he's nuts.

http://www.nhl91.com/thegame/playerresearch.asp

word.

"It's a unscientific process, that is, unless your a meticulous perfectionist...."

Edited by trudatman

I am in no way an expert on what they do at that site... is it '94 that is being edited to '91 rosters or something like that? anyway, it seems to be focused on a roughing stat that I doubt is real. or maybe I just can't follow the text.

I am in no way an expert on what they do at that site... is it '94 that is being edited to '91 rosters or something like that? anyway, it seems to be focused on a roughing stat that I doubt is real. or maybe I just can't follow the text.

Yeah it's clockwise/pixelpuck's NHL91 edit that he made a few years ago and had a couple seasons of a league with.

do you know if his newer ROMs use pass/shoot bias instead of roughing?