NHL'94 Forums

Worst player in this game.

Hmm... first name that comes to mind is Enrico Ciccone. He's tough to work with.

I'm new here (this is my first post) and I'm sorry if this has already been talked about. Does anybody have an opinion on who is the worst player in '94. I'd have to vote for Tampa defender Bob Beers. Any other ideas???

Bob Beers? He is actually pretty good for a lower tier team IMO. (and gotta love that last name too!) :dal_skater_hand_grab:

As for worst players? wow. There is simply way too many dumpy players too count. Just look at the bench at some of the weaker teams. I don't even know where to start.

Bob Beers? He is actually pretty good for a lower tier team IMO. (and gotta love that last name too!) :)Bob Beers? He is actually pretty good for a lower tier team IMO. (and gotta love that last name too!) :dal_skater_hand_grab:

As for worst players? wow. There is simply way too many dumpy players too count. Just look at the bench at some of the weaker teams. I don't even know where to start.

shawn chambers, greg smyth, etc.

Jeremy Roenick

But seriously, it's hard to name a worst player because if they're really bad they get no ice time, so I never play as them.

In the PC version Ottawa's defenceman Kent Paynter is probably the worst possible. His ratings are mostly around 30, he's extremely slow and unable to check or shoot.

...and I've made few goals with him. B)

I've few times gathered a team consisting all the worst players I could find. It's really fun to play a season against AI when your first line is something like Rice-Simon-Chase-OConnor-Chambers and other lines are far from being better. :D

The worst starting player is Scott Mellanby on Florida. His speed varies from 32-39, and there isn't really anyone better to replace him with.

I was playing a friend once, and Mellanby picked up a loose puck past the red line for a breakaway.. I exclaimed, "NOoooooOOooo!!!" because I thought he'd have a good breakaway chance and I'd have no chance of catching him.. but after a couple seconds, I realized that this was THE SLOWEST player I'd ever seen.. so I got a guy to come back and take him out. Before he even reached the blue line. It was like that moment in Austin Powers with the steam roller.. "NNOoooOOOOoo.............oOOo!!"

• 2 months later...

Smyth on Calgary. hands down.

In the Genesis/SNES versions

Myles O'Connor on the Devils is rated 30 overall by EA. Tony Twist of the Nords and Rene Chapdelaine of LA rated 31 overall by EA. For the netminders, Steph Beauregard of Philly with 35, followed by Rick Wamsley with 36 overall. SJ's Bryan Hayward had 37 overall.

Smyth is a 29 (usually) on the SNES. what team is Wamsley on?

Smyth is a 29 (usually) on the SNES. what team is Wamsley on?
Wamsley is on Toronto

According to Inside NHL 94 book, Smyth's rating is 47, however, loading the game both the Genesis and SNES version and Smyth's rating is 29 on the Genesis and 28 on the SNES but the SNES ratings change.

The whole Anahiem team is pretty crap in Nhl 94 (Genesis)

Terry Yake is awesome.

I'm playing a season with a friend of mine, and Yake is 16th in scoring with 20 goals and 6 assists in 13 games. That puts him in a tie for 6th in goals (with Lemieux). Of players averaging more than a shot per game, he is leading the league with a 43.5% shooting percentage (20 goals, 46 shots). He is also a decent sub at centre on Hartford (Cassels never does much for me). I find he's a pretty smart player, finding an open spot in front of the net for one-timers.

The worst scorers in our season are Andrei Kovalenko (QUE) and Dale Hawerchuk (BUF), each with 2 goals on 25 shots for 8%. Kovalenko scored one in his last game, so he was around 4-5% before that. He gets to play because of his crazy hitting, but like someone else on these forums said before, he "plays like he doesn't know much about the game" : ).

Awww c'mon Beers is far from the worst in the game, for example Chris Lipuma on the same team is slower and much stupider than Bobby. Overall Lipuma is a 35, he can't do anything. I'm a Beers fan. Anyway check Ottawa's roster- they probably have the worst players in the league- Happy hunting!

NHLPA 93 has the best ratings

Shawn Chambers (TB) 1 overall

Ken Baumgartner (TOR) 2 overall

Jeff Bloemberg (TB) 4 overall

Tony Twist (QUE) 5 overall

Shayne Stevenson (TB) 7 overall

Paul Cyr (HAR) 9 overall

Team Sens

Rob Murphy 4 overall

Darcy Loewen 4 overall

Kent Paynter 2 overall

Darren Rumble 2 overall

Dominic Lavoie 2 overall

Goalies

John Tanner (QUE) 15 overall

Guy Hebert (STL) 15 overall

Quebec's best goalie is a 27 overall (Cloutier)

Goulet from Chicago.

Slow, weak, never in the right position, lousy pass, horrible defence.

Thanks to NOSE I could delete him forever!!!!!!

Totally Goulet, with Joe Murphy was the starter. Goulet is garbage, his shot is slower than molassus on a cold night in Alaska.

Totally Goulet, with Joe Murphy was the starter. Goulet is garbage, his shot is slower than molassus on a cold night in Alaska.

Murphy is pretty incompetent, too. I find Christian Ruuttu doesn't look too bad on the ice with Roenick and Larmer (but really, who's going to look good next to those guys?? Some people even think Larmer sucks, since they can't see his skills when he's placed next to Roenick's domination!)

My favorite forward line on Chicago is Noonan-Roenick-Larmer (or Murphy/Ruutu).

Noonan is great, Goulet and Graham should be benched. Dave Christian is better than those guys.

• 10 years later...

If you look at the ratings, there actually is a very clear worst player.

Jay Caufield, F - PIT

Weight - 14

agl - 1

spd - 2

Oaware - 0

DAware - 1

ShP - 1

ShA - 0

pass - 1

That is tremendously horrible.

Stu Grimson - ANA

Stu Grimson - CHI

Chris Simon - QUE

Tony Twist - QUE

all have similar ratings to Caufield, but Caufield's massive fatty 14 weight puts him over the top. (or under the bottom, shall we say)

If you look at the ratings, there actually is a very clear worst player.

Jay Caufield, F - PIT

OMG DID YOU LOOK AT HIS WIKI PAGE!!

"After he retired as a hockey player, Caufield made a brief appearance as the Penguins' goalie, Brad Tolliver, in the hockey-themed action film Sudden Death"

Amazing