NHL'94 Forums

Is SDL94 dead?

c4outlaws

Many of the coaches have many game to play. CamKneely is a no-show and TonyTwist has been slacking. Its a great league but we need to start replacing coaches. We all know that once summer gets here that everyone is almost guaranteed to be no-shows. So lets get the games going guys. Everyone voted to start Season 2 right away but now no one playing their games.

Many of the coaches have many game to play. CamKneely is a no-show and TonyTwist has been slacking. Its a great league but we need to start replacing coaches. We all know that once summer gets here that everyone is almost guaranteed to be no-shows. So lets get the games going guys. Everyone voted to start Season 2 right away but now no one playing their games.

unfortunately,snes is a dying breed and never will succeed in anything besides classic,dan should do sega gdl ,would be very popular

I dunno, Season 1 looked like a success...even had a huge regular season of 70+ games!

Unfortunately it seems replacing players is a universal problem. Classic/Blitz/GDL/SDL, etc. are not immune. Very frustrating for people like C4, and other players who can commit and are willing to stick it through, follow up, etc.

i hope it's not dead - despite my best efforts, my team is trying hard to finish last to try to lock up the 1st pick in the next draft

my team says you are wrong pondhockey

Edited by mav

I know I alluded to this in a post a few days ago, but as of May 5th, I'll be available if replacements are still needed by then. You guys are aware of how much I play when I'm home from school so committment is one thing you'll never need to worry about from my end...

SDL will not die...

The arrival...

Oilers442...

May 5th...

ok ill pipe down for now, hehe...

I know I alluded to this in a post a few days ago, but as of May 5th, I'll be available if replacements are still needed by then. You guys are aware of how much I play when I'm home from school so committment is one thing you'll never need to worry about from my end...

SDL will not die...

The arrival...

Oilers442...

May 5th...

ok ill pipe down for now, hehe...

getting way ahead of yourself dude. and c4 just wait for dan to say something. if dan wants to replace SOH or anyone else he'll post it

Edited by mav

getting way ahead of yourself dude. and c4 just wait for dan to say something. if dan wants to replace SOH or anyone else he'll post it

Just throwing it out there man. I've been playing SNES online since Christmas of 2010. C4, Pondhcky, Cjgarnet, and the rest of the SNES vets can vouch for me of how much I've played against them in the limited time that I get and how I'll be able to get my games done if I'm brought into the SDL fold... ;)

Sorry for my absence gents. I had an unexpected trip to Vancouver where my availability was low. I'm back now but I decided it would be a good idea to smash my finger with a hammer. So I'm still nursing that small wound but I anticipate being back in top form to play lots of games this weekend! SDL lives on!

games are still getting played. it can still workout.

I have 4 games vs cjgarnet that i can't upload though. something got messed up when the site was glitched. also, i have a 0-0 tie vs jonatan that actually was a 2-1 win for me.

Would be great of those games could be reset so i can upload.

Where is TonyTwist? How about CamKneely? Do we have any replacements willing to play?

I know I sound like a broken record, but I'll take the Edmonton Oilers once I'm home a week from this Saturday. It makes too much sense, my name is Oilers442 afterall... You wouldn't believe how crushed I was when I found out that Dan had to drop from the league and that I was the first person considered as a replacement coach for the Edmonton Oilers yet I had to leave again for college the next day and had to come back to not having a fast enough internet connection to play. The Oilers are the team I want above all else if I'm accepted into SDL...

SNES regulars, you know how much I play when I'm home. Pondhcky, Cjgarnet, C4, Houly, Xot82 (especially how much I ask for exhi's and I always catch him at a bad time ;), etc. ) May 5th, I graduate from college and my availability is going to be much higher from then on. I'm 100% committed to doing my part and getting games in if you guys are willing to wait another week for me to finally return for good...

Edited by Oilers442

I know I sound like a broken record, but I'll take the Edmonton Oilers once I'm home a week from this Saturday. It makes too much sense, my name is Oilers442 afterall... You wouldn't believe how crushed I was when I found out that Dan had to drop from the league and that I was the first person considered as a replacement coach for the Edmonton Oilers yet I had to leave again for college the next day and had to come back to not having a fast enough internet connection to play. The Oilers are the team I want above all else if I'm accepted into SDL...

SNES regulars, you know how much I play when I'm home. Pondhcky, Cjgarnet, C4, Houly, Xot82 (especially how much I ask for exhi's and I always catch him at a bad time ;), etc. ) May 5th, I graduate from college and my availability is going to be much higher from then on. I'm 100% committed to doing my part and getting games in if you guys are willing to wait another week for me to finally return for good...

pandering and shameless self-promotion

I'll be happy to join as a replacement player as my classic/survivor leagues are winding down, and dynasty appears to be imaginary at this point. My initial fear was overcommitment, but I really shouldn't have a problem getting games in. Just let me know Dan.

pandering and shameless self-promotion

Says the guy who got himself banned from GENS Classic. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to start any trouble, but what is your problem? I respect the heck out of all of the SNES players and have received nothing but respect back from all of them. Where's yours?

I'm not just some noob like you apparently think I am. You might be a part of SDL and are somewhat established, but I've been playing SNES online against majority of the regulars longer than you have. It's circumstance rather than choice that has prevented me from joining any SNES leagues to this point.

Pandering? Self-promotion?

It's a mere reminder that I'll be home soon and ready to go for SNES. I don't want SDL to go away at all. I've been waiting a long time to possibly join and contribute. If you don't like that, fine, but slandering me for wanting to join a league? Now I've seen everything...

Edited by Oilers442

there's probably no doubt he's one of the classy guys and he probably does get in his gms (since idk him)

but also i shouldnt have said what i said as well so i am sorry Oilers442

i just wanted to point out to him to wait for dan to say somethin and not jump the gun by giving himself a cheap plug

SDL is NOT dead. SNES NHL 94 is the greatest thing on Earth.

I'll get my games in folks, don't you worry.

Wish I could share the sentiments, except that you don't seem to reply whenever I tried to get some matches in.

I apologize for the delay; I needed to get some distance from the Houlanov fiasco and I waited long enough for it to bowl over. I'm ready when you guys are!

BTW, which one's Jonathan's AIM address? I understand he stepped in instead of Hokkee. Also, I PM'ed Dan about the scores and I didn't even get a single reply about it. That's not gonna be good for the league's transparency if someone can just dick around with bogus scores just so he can get back at somebody and be a troll about it without something being done about it. I need this cleared and I want to see it ASAP.

Edited by RedWingDevil

this CamKneely joke to show up.

he is not a joke, and if you probably said that to his face he'd kick your ass. chill out the guy is probably busy with dynasty or maybe he just doesnt have access to a computer/internet connection. he is usually always reliable to play his gms but has a knack getting them in late

Edited by mav

there's probably no doubt he's one of the classy guys and he probably does get in his gms (since idk him)

but also i shouldnt have said what i said as well so i am sorry Oilers442

i just wanted to point out to him to wait for dan to say somethin and not jump the gun by giving himself a cheap plug

No worries Mav and certainly no hard feelings on my end. :)

Wish I could share the sentiments, except that you don't seem to reply whenever I tried to get some matches in.

I apologize for the delay; I needed to get some distance from the Houlanov fiasco and I waited long enough for it to bowl over. I'm ready when you guys are!

BTW, which one's Jonathan's AIM address? I understand he stepped in instead of Hokkee. Also, I PM'ed Dan about the scores and I didn't even get a single reply about it. That's not gonna be good for the league's transparency if someone can just dick around with bogus scores just so he can get back at somebody and be a troll about it without something being done about it. I need this cleared and I want to see it ASAP.

I can't play until Monday or Tuesday night. I have a couple really high priority things going on right now.

The gf will be gone in 3 weeks, and when that happens, basically all I do is play nhl 94.

he is not a joke, and if you probably said that to his face he'd kick your ass. chill out the guy is probably busy with dynasty or maybe he just doesnt have access to a computer/internet connection. he is usually always reliable to play his gms but has a knack getting them in late

Don't care. Shouldn't have taken the team if he was too busy.

Edited by c4outlaws

cam neely wont show up ,you need to replace him,and sorry to say i think snes is really hurting,there are only about 6-7 of you that actually try to play,time to switch over to the dark side of genesis. :)

c4 played in gens when he first started but he was bad at it so he switched so hokk i dont think u will be able to convince him or the other snes players for that matter even if there are 6 or 7 of them

LOL