NHL'94 Forums

25 game suspension for Torres

The Russian Rocket

The hit wasnt even that illegal,if he didnt leave his skates at last second i think it was a fair hit,hossa should pay attention after he dishes it,d keith on purpose elbow on sedin was 100x worse.

I think the difference is sedin is gay and hossa is not. And thats the absolute worst explanation as to why a hit wasnt 'that' illegal. Like sYing, well, if he didnt flash his elboa at the last second and decapitate the dude, it was a fair hit.

Yeah hit to the head, yeah he passed the puck off and didn't have it anymore, and yeah hockey is losing its edge with all these reviews, fines and suspensions. Since when is hockey not a fast, rough and dangerous sport with a high risk to injury? better question is: why is Hossa's head down? with a quick look and turn of the chin that hit would not be nearly as bad. When you are not prepared or ready for a hit you're gonna get killed; everyone knows that. I guess Hossa's youth hockey coaches forgot to teach him to keep his head up.. Headshot - 2 min, perhaps a major, I don't really see anything worth 25 games with that hit.

only difference is scott stevens didnt leave his feet; pretty similar hit "shoulder-to-head". Pretty absurd suspension, but the whole "new" NHL is absurd IMO. Repeat offender stuff is lame too; are physical players in the NHL equivilent to sex offenders and pedophiles?

Edited by kupuck19

Yeah hit to the head, yeah he passed the puck off and didn't have it anymore, and yeah hockey is losing its edge with all these reviews, fines and suspensions. Since when is hockey not a fast, rough and dangerous sport with a high risk to injury? better question is: why is Hossa's head down? with a quick look and turn of the chin that hit would not be nearly as bad. When you are not prepared or ready for a hit you're gonna get killed; everyone knows that. I guess Hossa's youth hockey coaches forgot to teach him to keep his head up.. Headshot - 2 min, perhaps a major, I don't really see anything worth 25 games with that hit.

only difference is scott stevens didnt leave his feet; pretty similar hit "shoulder-to-head". Pretty absurd suspension, but the whole "new" NHL is absurd IMO. Repeat offender stuff is lame too; are physical players in the NHL equivilent to sex offenders and pedophiles?

If he would have just stayed on his feet and went shoulder to chest it would have been a good hit. I was always taught to aim for the logo on the jersey and you will never have a problem.

There was a hit a year or two ago somewhat similar in that a player coming from behind the play hit a guy and hurt him. You just don't expect guys to hit you from your end of ice in the neutral zone. I think it falls under the blind-side rule?

(plus of course cannonballing into head height)

Not saying it was a good hit or clean, it was a bad hit. My point is that Hossa could have prevented himself from getting leveled just as easy as Torres could have turned the other way, and most players are taught to finish all checks especially in playoff situations. I just think the suspensions and the need to review every hit that's deemed "dirty" is absurd, NHL Department of Player Safety? What the hell...

Blindsiding someone is not a penalty, a hit from behind/to the head is a penalty. Ya guys grab the media mic and say "So and So is a dirt bag for the blind side hit".. You should be expected to get hit in the neutral zone like any other zone - dont buy the fact you cant hit someone because they did not expect it. your playing hockey - expect to get hit.

Edited by kupuck19

Not saying it was a good hit or clean, it was a bad hit. My point is that Hossa could have prevented himself from getting leveled just as easy as Torres could have turned the other way, and most players are taught to finish all checks especially in playoff situations. I just think the suspensions and the need to review every hit that's deemed "dirty" is absurd, NHL Department of Player Safety? What the hell...

Blindsiding someone is not a penalty, a hit from behind/to the head is a penalty. Ya guys grab the media mic and say "So and So is a dirt bag for the blind side hit".. You should be expected to get hit in the neutral zone like any other zone - dont buy the fact you cant hit someone because they did not expect it. your playing hockey - expect to get hit.

That really has nothing to do with anything. Neither did the last comment.

Hossa didn't have the puck it was clear. Boom interference. Rules say if you injured a guy while committing an infraction you'l get suspended.

Same for the hit to the head. There's no point in hitting the head, aside from trying to injure a guy.

Kinda sick of hearing people say it's normal to get banged up like that. Most people don't know what the hell they're talking about because they

A: Didn't play hockey

B: Didn't play competitive hockey

C: Only a very small percentage of guys are ''clean tough''.

When you hit a guy like that you make a decision. You know he doesn't have the puck, and you decide to leave your feet. Torres chose to hit him anyway.

Maybe next time he'l make the other decision and spare us from a disgracious hit.

In brief all i'm sayin' is:

Stop the mix between tough and illegal stupid s**t.

Alexei Emelin's one of the toughest hardest hitters in the league. Yet he's had only 30 PIM's cause he hit cleans.

Guys like Torres get a lot of PIM's cause they're weasels.

He had the puck literally right before that... It could be called interference but it's not like Hossa was out of the play... He didn't throw any elbows or arms, I don't see any intentions to injury in the play just a hit that came too high. This suspension is more about Torres' history and what he has done over his career, perhaps he is a weasel. But that is not against the rules either.

muhahahaha it was a terribly bad hit haah but i fn hate chicago and could care less if any of that team gets hurt after they give d keith a 5 gm holiday when it didnt matter if he was in or out and now canucks are down 2 games cause of it,and icestorm you stupid ass,he intentionally hit him with his elbow ,he never just did it cause it was a fly by decision, he was waiting to get him after sedin hit him.....,pre f**king meditated,which is worse than just following through a check carelessly and a bit late,why are you a mod anyways,your such a ......AND should be takin off as a moderator,you as a moderator is like gary bettman being a good choice to run nhl.lol,just kidding ,your the best dude :lol:

Edited by hokkeefan

muhahahaha it was a terribly bad hit haah but i fn hate chicago and could care less if any of that team gets hurt after they give d keith a 5 gm holiday when it didnt matter if he was in or out and now canucks are down 2 games cause of it,and icestorm you stupid ass,he intentionally hit him with his elbow ,he never just did it cause it was a fly by decision, he was waiting to get him after sedin hit him.....,pre f**king meditated,which is worse than just following through a check carelessly and a bit late,why are you a mod anyways,your such a ......AND should be takin off as a moderator,you as a moderator is like gary bettman being a good choice to run nhl.lol,just kidding ,your the best dude :lol:

Thanks chief, love you too :D