NHL'94 Forums

first round- NYR vs OTT

halifax

although the series is still far from over...chance both number one seeds could be out in round one...im guessin that has never happened before.

High five to everyone else who predicted Ottawa would win*

*Assuming they don't lose

Settle down, settle down. Thursday, Game 7. Rangers will put it away.

Oh, and Neil kicked it in that 2nd goal. C'mon now...

Oh yea, and Neil is a douche. C'mon now.

Sens are very impressive so far in this series, NYR doesent seem like an elite team at all.

Sens are very impressive so far in this series, NYR doesent seem like an elite team at all.

wookie does not like this^

How can you say the Rangers don't "seem like an elite team at all" and the Senators are "very impressive"? I think it's gotta be either one or the other. Consider:

- The series is tied 3-3

- The Senators didn't have the lead for the first 4 games of the series (because they won 2 games in overtime)

- Craig Anderson is having the series of his life with a .933 save percentage and single-handedly stole games 4 & 5. HE'S NOT THAT GOOD.

I'd agree that the Senators are playing well, but you gotta respect that the Rangers are an elite team.

How can you say the Rangers don't "seem like an elite team at all" and the Senators are "very impressive"? I think it's gotta be either one or the other. Consider:

- The series is tied 3-3

- The Senators didn't have the lead for the first 4 games of the series (because they won 2 games in overtime)

- Craig Anderson is having the series of his life with a .933 save percentage and single-handedly stole games 4 & 5. HE'S NOT THAT GOOD.

I'd agree that the Senators are playing well, but you gotta respect that the Rangers are an elite team.

So which is it? lol

:lol: learn how to read!

the Rangers don't "seem like an elite team at all" = FALSE

the Senators are "impressive" = TRUE

i know... a double-negative is kinda confusing. don't worry about it

Oh so you're actually complimenting the Senators! Nice. You should learn how to write more concisely though. Also, the "don't" should have been included in the quotation.

Guess what Anderson's save percentage was in his last playoff series... that's right, .933.

So was that the series of his life, or is this the series of his life?

2011-2012 REGULAR SEASON GAME LOG							
DATE		TOI		GA	SA	SV	SV%	SO	PIM
October Totals	573:36:00	35	293	258	0.881	0	0
November Totals	550:57:00	30	309	279	0.903	0	0
December Totals	732:41:00	35	377	342	0.907	0	4
January Totals	829:06:00	31	462	431	0.933	1	0
February Totals	426:30:00	17	251	234	0.932	2	0
March Totals	200:33:00	11	130	119	0.915	0	0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reg Seas Stats	3492:18:00	165	1917	1752	0.914	3	4
2011-2012 POSTSEASON GAME LOG							
DATE		TOI		GA	SA	SV	SV%	SO	PIM
Postseas Stats	359:22:00	12	179	167	0.933	1	0

He's been pretty good in 2012. Had a rough 2011 half of the season.

Also, last season, when he came over to the Sens, his stats in 18 games were 2.05, .939

aaand sigh....

really thought the Sens were going to tie it up in the last 10 minutes, they were dominating, but that puck bounced crazily past Gonchar and he had to take that penalty with ~2 minutes left..

Well the Rangers are moving on to Round 2. Canucks, Bruins, and Penguins are 1 and done. Are they not elite teams? Canucks won the President's Trophy. Bruins were defending cup champs. And Pittsburgh won like 12 in a row near the end of the year. Anything can happen in the playoffs!!!

This is just how the Rangers play. They don't win games 6-1 like Pittsburgh. They win games 1-0 or 2-1. But they do WIN (for most part)! They find ways to win! They play a physical defensive game and rely on their goalie!

HOME ICE THROUGHOUT WITH VANCOUVER OUT OF THE PICTURE!!! WHOO HOO!!!

Well the Rangers are moving on to Round 2. Canucks, Bruins, and Penguins are 1 and done. Are they not elite teams? Canucks won the President's Trophy. Bruins were defending cup champs. And Pittsburgh won like 12 in a row near the end of the year. Anything can happen in the playoffs!!!

This is just how the Rangers play. They don't win games 6-1 like Pittsburgh. They win games 1-0 or 2-1. But they do WIN (for most part)! They find ways to win! They play a physical defensive game and rely on their goalie!

HOME ICE THROUGHOUT WITH VANCOUVER OUT OF THE PICTURE!!! WHOO HOO!!!

That was a great series, but the Rangers didn't impress me that much. Sens didn't even play up to their potential.

That beings said, with the East being so wide open, I can see the Rangers going all the way to the finals... but the West will win the Cup this year.

I can see the Rangers going all the way to the finals... but the West will win the Cup this year.

I think the West wins the Cup as well.

Your Rangers made it a step closer Wookie. Both our teams have 2 more rounds to get through to reach the Cup. You get Washington then Devils or Philly. We get LA then Nash or Phoenix. I think you guys have the easier road.

I'm picking Philly and Rangers for the East finals and the Blues vs Nash in the West. LA can be scary with Quick. Just like Nash with Niemi.

Interesting how most people pegged the sens to finish pretty much last, but if they hadn't had such Leafs-esque goaltending/defense in the first 3 months of the season (.881, .903, .907) they probably would have hit 100 points.

Their passing game is really good. So completely different watching Leafs games and Sens games.

It was great seeing the two Rangers goals in game 7 scored by two role-playing defensive defensemen: Marc Staal and Dan Girardi. To me, that's what playoff hockey is all about. Unsung heroes.

Nice writeup in the New York Times. Here's an amazing little tidbit:

"It is the first time since 1996 that no Canadian team is left standing in the second round of the playoffs, and only the second time since 1974."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/27/sports/hockey/2012-stanley-cup-rangers-edge-senators-in-game-7.html?_r=1&ref=sports