NHL'94 Forums

Changing number of forwards

Don Johnson

I'm trying to change the number of forwards on a roster with NOSE. Currently it is set at F which is 13. I don't want to mess with it so can a vet tell me what each value from 0-F is.

The combo box uses hex values, where 0 thru 9 are exactly that, A = 10, B = 11, C = 12, D = 13, E = 14, F = 15.

The value set should match the amount of F's for forwards (vs D's for defensemen) you see in the Pos column of the Players window for any given team (unless you changed the value and didn't click apply).

In-game if you edit the lines, you'll only see players on the roster with a Pos of F when changing a LW, C, or RW, and the rest (after the last forward) only show when changing LD or RD.

alright thanks, another thing I've trying to figure out is how to add a goalie but not have him be displayed with a non-generic picture. Right now on my Czech team for my hack, I either have to have two goalies or have the 3rd (Hasek in this case) have a custom picture.

effectively everything you need to know about doing this can be found in the player card tutorial, but I will admit it can be very tricky to do manually within the original rom's allocated data for referencing player cards.

this situation may (?:)) change in the not to distant future, but for now I advise not worrying this issue for your initial release of the rom.