NHL'94 Forums

Passing and defending the pass

Passing on the SNES version is so much sharper. Genesis passing tends to hang out there, even for the best of passers like Oates, when compared to SNES. I personally am a huge fan of the way passing and intercepting passing works on SNES. It seems much truer where if you're in the line to intercept the pass, you do pick it off 95% of the time. On Sega, that number is far lower. Can't tell you how many times I've seen my defender right there, then the puck goes right through him and BOOM the guy nails a one-timer right into the net. On SNES the pass seems to be picked off much more often.

Thoughts?

agreed on these counts. you must have known I was going to chime in on every aspect of these new sections...

Thoughts? Thoughts? Ya you're a traitor :lol:

haha hey I'm really trying to be impartial here. SNES is a great game... just like Genesis is a great game. They're different, but both are great. Go read my other stuff, i do plenty of ripping on SNES's faults! (20 posts a game anybody?)

And yeah mav, I'm having more success at SNES than I had at Genesis. But to be honest I plan on dominating both of them some day... muahahaha (evil laugh)

now... as far as the posts... if you beat the goalie, you likely shot a bit too wide, thus: "clunk!" the post in Genesis is greased up and the net is a vacuum that sucks in pucks that normally would have sprayed away. SNES may have a post or three too many in a game, but the Genesis version seems to have no posts. SNES haters grasp for anything to complain about. they know that SNES is far superior so they have to say things like "SNES is a post factory" in order to try to score argument points. I have to figure they all work for the a "socially conservative" organization.

Edited by trudatman