NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 7 Odds

who cares, we can bump up Wookie :)

I'd have thought Kupuck was the first choice after reaching the B semi-finals last time? Wookie would be fine in A also i'm sure, but i'd have thought Kupuck deserved first dibs on an A place? They're similar standard players

Thanks Icestorm. I'm happy to do whatever's best for the organ-i-zation. If kupuck (or iceguy, or anybody else) wants a shot in A, I'm cool with that, too.

Hopefully VC just gets back into the fold... Is he in school right now? This is the end of semester & finals time for a lot of people, so maybe he's just busy with that stuff. As Raph said, he played a classic series this weekend, so he hasn't disappeared completely. I even played a Mighty Prize League game with him.

Thanks Icestorm. I'm happy to do whatever's best for the organ-i-zation. If kupuck (or iceguy, or anybody else) wants a shot in A, I'm cool with that, too.

Hopefully VC just gets back into the fold... Is he in school right now? This is the end of semester & finals time for a lot of people, so maybe he's just busy with that stuff. As Raph said, he played a classic series this weekend, so he hasn't disappeared completely. I even played a Mighty Prize League game with him.

No problem chief, your game has elevated quite a bit the last few months.

If VC is majoring in Facebook then yes, he must be ver very busy

hey you mofapes

I might not play 40 exi a day anymore but that doesnt mean im rusty, I still play almost every day.

good write up,agree with all,ESPECIALLY the Zalex slack assing as of late.

I finished my classic season with 0 unplayed gms. 3 coaches didnt complete their season. Ape more.

I wouldn't mind being bumped up to A league if someone didn't show, gut feeling that SOH turn up eventually.. However smoz judges it im coo wit it.

hey you mofapes

I might not play 40 exi a day anymore but that doesnt mean im rusty, I still play almost every day

GA!

Edited by kupuck19

• 3 months later...

I took a shot at the "B" odds. Much less predictable, and you'll see the odds are much closer between everyone. I'm sure I will get burned on some of this.

I also linked each team to Robbie's write-up.

TOR da94wookiee +450 -- "A" level classic coach should crush opponents with Messier and Kasatonov.

STL Iceguy94 +450 -- Mogilny in the hands of a skilled coach. Look out.

NJ mcarthurbsu33 +500 -- Bondra, Fedorov, Kamensky will LIGHT IT UP.

QUE kupuckNHL94 +550 -- Kupuck will have to use his experience to make the most of of this team.

TB Sicarius Fulgur +550 -- I predict Gary Roberts will be in the top 3 scoring (in "B") in the regular season.

WPG eggink444 +600 -- Speed & size, with a great goalie. This team can beat you in many ways and will be dangerous all season.

HFD maverickz161 +650 -- Another mystery here. If Mav stays focused, Roy, Robitaille and Steve Smith will take him to the promise land.

WSH gretzkyonacold +700 -- Our favorite Blitz corresponant should make the playoffs with this well-balanced team.

OTT PRoBob388 +700 -- Kevin Stevens and Dave Manson anchor what should be a high hitting team. Lead the B league in GAA?

CGY Rage93 +700 -- Can the monster that is Ray Bourque turn around the Calgary Flames '06 season? I've never played the coach before.

EDM minpind +850 -- Firepower upfront, with Potvin in net for the Blitz newcomer. Darkhorse to go deep.

BOS Pearate +1000 -- Not sure that Jagr & Co. will be enough for Pearate to conquer the B league.

Place your bets!

Looks like I got my Gary Roberts prediction right. He'll finish # 2 or #3 depending on how Mogilny does his last 8 games.

King, your odds are null and void since you have me in the top 5. dry.gif

Sandbagger...you're currently #2 B)

Call me Mr. Vegas.

B standings currently are. with (my predictions)

1. Wookie (1)

2. Me (9)

3. Egg (3)

4. Iceguy (4)

5. Kupuck (2)

6. Mcarthur (6)

7. ProBob (8)

8. Robbie (9)

9. Pearate (5)

So I at least placed 4 in the top 5 that made it there. By some stroke of pure luck by the NHL94 craziness I sneaked into the top 5. Total mystery and still in disbelief. But I think this calls for free beer to paid to me by all betters. Since beer does not travel well in binary please donate with visa, mastercard, or paypall.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I got my Gary Roberts prediction right. He'll finish # 2 or #3 depending on how Mogilny does his last 8 games.

Sandbagger...you're currently #2 B)

Someone give the man his money and pick up his phone because he called it. Roberts pretty much stayed there nearly all season. Also, Damphousse may have not gotten the same super season like last year, but he was close enough with 75 points and 7 GWGs. I'd say I did my best with all the guys I had.

Edited by RedWingDevil

Call me Mr. Vegas.

B standings currently are. with (my predictions)

1. Wookie (1)

2. Me (9)

3. Egg (3)

4. Iceguy (4)

5. Kupuck (2)

6. Mcarthur (6)

7. ProBob (8)

8. Robbie (9)

9. Pearate (5)

& these were my evaluations of the teams based purely on their rosters...........not so hot at thee top end, pretty good at the bottom :(

1) St. Louis (4)

2) Washington (8)

3) Toronto (1)

4) Winnipeg (3)

5) Quebec (5)

6) Tampa Bay (2)

7) New Jersey (6)

8) Ottawa (7)

9) Edmonton (9)

10) Calgary (12)

11) Hartford (11)

12) Boston (10)

Incedently these were my A league evaluations, and where they stand at the time of writing:

1) NEW YORK RANGERS (9)

2) DALLAS (4)

3) ANAHEIM (5)

4) BUFFALO (2)

5) PHILADELPHIA(1)

6) LOS ANGELES (12)

7) SAN JOSE (11)

8) CHICAGO (6)

9) MONTREAL (7)

10) FLORIDA (10)

11) PITTSBURGH (3)

12) VANCOUVER (8)

Less successful than my B league predictions, but the intention was always to evaluate the teams rather than the players controlling them