NHL'94 Forums

Round 2 Rangers vs Washington

Sicarius

Caps own the Rangers in the playoffs, Holtby's for real. More scoring depth for the Caps too. Washington in 6.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Caps in six baby!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE if the sens could give them a run for their money i'm sure the caps can do the same

It's kinda hilarious that this matchup would have been done in Round 1, but the Caps took the 7th seed in time, but now it can be made.

I think the Caps will create an upset, but it's going to be very tight. They win in 7 because if Gaborik, B. Richards and a few others don't score, the Rangers will be sitting ducks. This is what we've learned with that series with Ottawa.

Caps own the Rangers in the playoffs, Holtby's for real. More scoring depth for the Caps too. Washington in 6.

Holtby shouldn't scare anyone. He is no Lundqvist, and this Rangers team is not the same as years past with guys like Richards, Kreider and Hagelin. Rangers dominated the first 2 games but made 2 mental blunders, plus an absurd penalty call on Richards with 7:00 to go handed the Caps game 2.

Rangers in 5 or 6. Washington won't beat NY this time around. Rangers defense is too good.

plus an absurd penalty call on Richards with 7:00 to go handed the Caps game 2.

Don't forget the phantom "trip" call on Green or the missed high stick by I think Richards, two calls that went in favour of the Rangers ;)

Don't forget the phantom "trip" call on Green or the missed high stick by I think Richards, two calls that went in favour of the Rangers ;)

Agreed

I listened to the 3rd period on the radio, so I didn't see it, but the announcers were saying the Hagelin penalty in the 3rd that gave the Caps the PP goal was total bs...a phantom call.

It was an overhand slash, pretty black and white, whether or not it actually hurt him

It was an overhand slash, pretty black and white, whether or not it actually hurt him

Well then, nevermind, lol. I will see if I can find a clip from the broadcast....the color guy (Dave Maloney?) was so outraged...kept saying the Caps got a PP goal on a phantom call...over and over. Lol

They usually let little stuff like that go during the playoffs. In the third period, I felt like Knuble should have gotten a 2 minute interference penalty for plowing Lundqvist into the goal (before kicking the puck in). There was some contact with the defenseman, but it looked like Knuble lost an edge and made no attempt to avoid contact with the goalie. At least they disallowed the goal. The officiating has been bad.

I think they should only have 1 referee on the ice. Then they should put a video camera on all 12 on-ice players plus both benches, with NHL officials monitoring them at all times. If someone commits a penalty, one of the video officials presses a button and the on-ice referee gets buzzed to stop play when that team touches the puck.

It would solve a few problems:

- missing blatant penalties away from the play

- calling b.s. penalties because the ref is in bad position

- more space on the ice for the players... currently there's 4 referees/linesmen on the ice, and I constantly see them jumping out of the way of the puck. it's like having a 3rd team on the ice just trying to not get hit, which is ridiculous.

Plus, it would be super futuristic, which is cool.

RICHARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RANGERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

If Fox ever bothered to broadcast NHL games again, you'd have to say 'It's the NHL on Fox!!'