NHL'94 Forums

scoring five hole

Ive never seen or heard about anyone scoring five hole before... I scored a goal five hole by skating straight at the goalie and launching a hard slapshot aimed low at the goalie. The goalie dropped and it went through his legs. As soon as my power goes back on I'll try to make a video on my comp. Has anyone done this before? I have never heard it discussed as a scoring option.

yeah wow it's usually done by passing it thru the 5 hole, scoring with a slapshot seems new, you use someone with crazy good shot power? wait till you see some of the other crazy ways people score around here!

also, was it against a really bad goalie? bad def awareness and puck control can really make for some wtf goals

Edited by minpind

if you time it perfectly so it starts the slapping motion just before the blue line and it slaps right around/on the line and also youre directly lined up with the 5 hole it does go in fairly consistently. just gotta press down and slap it, its a timing thing.

Scored with shea Weber on Jimmy Howard in clockwise nhl 12 playoffs. Ive seen the pass shot just never the five hole slapper. I shot from around the top of the face off circle but directly in center. It was pretty exciting to discover a new technique.

you can score anywhere from just below blueline and at hashmarks against boards at faceoff circles if you time it right,this is no garantee and it only works with higher powered shots,usually.Its not easy,and it doesnt work everytime,and it wont work vs roy or belfour usually,and only rarely vs fuhr,potvin.