NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 07 - Preseason open

Try playing/uploading some games and if there are any problems, please report them here -- if you get an error message, the more detail you can give me, the better (no "it doesn't work", that doesn't help!)

Use the ROM from here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14265-blitz-rom-ready-for-title-screen-updates/

Detroit wasn't updated.. a new version of the ROM is needed..

Try playing/uploading some games and if there are any problems, please report them here -- if you get an error message, the more detail you can give me, the better (no "it doesn't work", that doesn't help!)

Use the ROM from here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14265-blitz-rom-ready-for-title-screen-updates/

Detroit wasn't updated.. a new version of the ROM is needed..

Nobody is using DET this season. Robbie had them last year, and is now using WSH.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14114-blitz-07-team-switch-free-for-all/

NYI other team available

Nobody is using DET this season. Robbie had them last year, and is now using WSH.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14114-blitz-07-team-switch-free-for-all/

NYI other team available

Thanks, I fixed it in the database. I had dc as L.A in the schedule, but not for his players. Whoopsie.

This is exciting!

As a rookie, I'm a little lost when it comes to uploading game files... is there a place that has instructions on that?

http://www.blitz94.com/howtoplay.asp

here wookie

Edited by mav

This is exciting!

As a rookie, I'm a little lost when it comes to uploading game files... is there a place that has instructions on that?

You'll also want to get familiar with the game stitcher. You can't register a game & result without the save state, so in case of a desync you have to stitch seperate save states together.................is the information on that in the link someone else gave you?

Edit. Here it is: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/3442-game-stitcher/page__p__16373__hl__%2Bgame+%2Bstitcher__fromsearch__1#entry16373

I notice in the standings ProBob is still Florida in the B league, xdeath is still Ottawa in the A league. Should be the other way around.

In the upload game section they have their correct teams though

That's right, I still have my problem --

I played a few exhibs with the 07betafinal ROM and there is something up with my substitutions.

Selanne comes in as my 4th D instead of Adam Burt. And Bill Houlder (defensemen) comes in as my 5th or 6th forward, instead of Turcotte or Ferraro.

I notice in the standings ProBob is still Florida in the B league, xdeath is still Ottawa in the A league. Should be the other way around.

In the upload game section they have their correct teams though

thanks, fixed this

Also,I am not sure if you fixed my roster in database ,it had yves racine on my roster,but it is actually d babych, was a free agent useless swap

except you were out of trades i think?

I played a few exhibs with the 07betafinal ROM and there is something up with my substitutions.

Selanne comes in as my 4th D instead of Adam Burt. And Bill Houlder (defensemen) comes in as my 5th or 6th forward, instead of Turcotte or Ferraro.

That's odd.. so Selanne gets yanked off the forward line and forced to play D instead?

That's odd.. so Selanne gets yanked off the forward line and forced to play D instead?

When McSorely and Featherstone are both in the box (happens frequently enough :lol: ) my line becomes Neely at C, Selanne and Houlder at D. Burt, my 4th D, never comes out.

I don't know what happens if I put Selanne at C during that time. I'll play again tonight and note down exactly what happens.

Personally, I like it, but it's not fair to everyone else.

Personally, I like it, but it's not fair to everyone else.

Yeah, that's what concerns me. Everyone would love to suddenly have a 90+ rated D on the PK :)

When McSorely and Featherstone are both in the box (happens frequently enough :lol: )

I'm pretty sure Desjardins & Chelios could compete with them! I'm having a $10 peso wager that Desjardins leads the B league in penalties! lol

Fun bet! Unfortunately McSorely/Featherstone will beat any defensive duo for combined PIM...I'll throw my pesos in.

Well I now know what I'm doing now if have some meaningless games late in the season :)

Fun bet! Unfortunately McSorely/Featherstone will beat any defensive duo for combined PIM...I'll throw my pesos in.

I got 5 on stevens n murphy :lol:

• 2 months later...

Bet update:

Taking the PIM/G and projecting to a 44 game finish:

Stevens/Murphy - 69

Manson/Tinordi - 63

Chelios/Desjardin - 57

McSorley/Featherstone - 53

Featherstone not racking up PIM as I expected...

Tinordi has caused 10 injuries so far btw. F*$#@! animal!

What's crazy is that he's my leading checker -- averaging 8.75 checks a game.

Oh, ok, i'm totally wrong then :D

What if you only compare the checking penalties (injuring, cross checking, slashing(happens when you check a guy)) but ignore things like holding and tripping?

Tinordi has caused 10 injuries so far btw. F*$#@! animal!

It's actually 5 injuries for 10 penalty minutes.

Oh, ok, i'm totally wrong then :D

What if you only compare the checking penalties (injuring, cross checking, slashing(happens when you check a guy)) but ignore things like holding and tripping?

So here's the projected totals for Injuring, Charging, Slashing, Roughing and Cross-checking (ignores hooking, tripping, interference and holding) and the second number is the difference from total:

Manson/Tinordi - 52 (11)

McSorley/Featherstone - 47 (5)

Stevens/Murphy - 31 (38)

Chelios/Desjardin - 29 (29)

The big drop was in Stevens/Murphy and Chelios/Desjardin as they have a bunch of hooking and holding penalties. I wonder if this is more of a reflection of using the "A" button. I rarely, if ever, use it on defense. Perhaps Ice and Robbie use this more?

It's actually 5 injuries for 10 penalty minutes.

So here's the projected totals for Injuring, Charging, Slashing, Roughing and Cross-checking (ignores hooking, tripping, interference and holding) and the second number is the difference from total:

Manson/Tinordi - 52 (11)

McSorley/Featherstone - 47 (5)

Stevens/Murphy - 31 (38)

Chelios/Desjardin - 29 (29)

The big drop was in Stevens/Murphy and Chelios/Desjardin as they have a bunch of hooking and holding penalties. I wonder if this is more of a reflection of using the "A" button. I rarely, if ever, use it on defense. Perhaps Ice and Robbie use this more?

Yeah, forgot about the 2 mins each one. I NEVER use the A button. lol

interesting. would you be interested in doing a correlation between non-checking-based penalties and the Aggression attribute to see if Agg is related to tripping/hooking/holding?

the only guy who i've noticed use the A button a lot was iceguy, I think.

interesting. would you be interested in doing a correlation between non-checking-based penalties and the Aggression attribute to see if Agg is related to tripping/hooking/holding?

the only guy who i've noticed use the A button a lot was iceguy, I think.

I was looking the other day at the penalty list & checking guys aggression, thinking maybe I stitched myself putting Chelios & Desjardins together as they're both constantly taking penalties for off the puck incidents. I was surprised to see a lot of the guys towards the top of the list actually only have like 2 aggression. I was expecting to see a bunch of total nutjobs.