NHL'94 Forums

SNESOT.com Reverse Summer 2012 tournament

xot82

New tournament coming up on SNESOT. This time we will use a rom where the forwards and defenders are swapped.

Download the rom here. Let us know if there are any errors.

Pick teams here

c4outlaws and I will hand pick the players and only allow trusted guys that we know will follow through. We don't want this to drag on forever, so if you don't have time. Don't sign-up.

Current NHL '94 SNESOT Rankings

Also, if you pick a username on SNESOT that we can't recognize, please let us know who you are.

Haha, this is different. I can think of one team that would actually benefit from this... Wesley - Bourque - Murphy Sweeney (lol) would make a real nice line. Neely and Kvartalnov (maybe Oates) on D would be real nice too.

Edited by Bo Knows NHL94

Haha, this is different. I can think of one team that would actually benefit from this... Wesley - Bourque - Murphy would make a real nice line. Neely and Kvartalnov (maybe Oates) on D would be real nice too.

Do you mean "Sweeney"?

Do you mean "Sweeney"?

haha yeah whoops!

After playing around with the numbers, there are two teams that really stick out to me as the best. BOS and DET. Chiason - Coffey - Lidstrom is a great forward line. Take your pick on D.

There are lots of teams that are good but just have a glaring hole, like EDM and CHI and their 3rd forward. On EDM Chris Joseph doesn't make you jump for joy, and on CHI Cam Russel seems like the best option.. and if a forward gets hurt, well, good luck :P

One surprising team I noticed that you might never think of who wouldn't be that bad is Florida. Richer - Murphy - Cirella make a solid line. Lomakin and Skrudland on D is okay too considering it's Florida haha.

penalties will be on this time, still no offsides though.

the next tournament we'll probably use the Bench rom again. All first lines and first goalies are removed. We play with offsides on, line change on and 10min periods. Probably the hardest rom we've used on SNESOT so far. or at least the one that takes the most adjusting to what we're used to.

the next tournament we'll probably use the Bench rom again. All first lines and first goalies are removed. We play with offsides on, line change on and 10min periods. Probably the hardest rom we've used on SNESOT so far. or at least the one that takes the most adjusting to what we're used to.

Cool idea.

What about a tourney with line changes on? that would be really interesting, and more realistic. LOL, I just realized how funny that is. I guess we're not trying to simulate the NHL, but still, it's cool to try and manage the bench and get the matchups you want.

Wow, you so crazy! :lol:

Okay, I'll take a look at it.

Just want to say that these ROM & league ideas (3v3, reverse, bench) are great! Very creative and fun. Thank you for creating and sharing...maybe someone will piggy back on this for the GENS folks.

And awesome website too (snesot.com)!!!

Just want to say that these ROM & league ideas (3v3, reverse, bench) are great! Very creative and fun. Thank you for creating and sharing...maybe someone will piggy back on this for the GENS folks.

And awesome website too (snesot.com)!!!

Thanks! Appreciated!

....the hardest rom we've used on SNESOT so far. or at least the one that takes the most adjusting to what we're used to.

only because you haven't run with mine.

I'm surprised there isn't more of a natural drift toward having all options on. I understand that all off is an easy way to start and get into the game, but I very much enjoy the other half of the fun that isn't activated when these things are set to off. fatigue, line changing, reputations with the refs, special teams... these are "in the game" for a reason. I almost always play with everything on.