NHL'94 Forums

A rare 94 day

LA Robbie

These 2 stories have me scratching my head. Maybe they'll make you laugh, maybe they wont, but I thought i'd share.

STORY 1

First off, I was playing Hokkee in an exhib yesterday when my almost 3 year old daughter starts bugging me to plat 94, trying to take the controller off me, screaming, crying & doing all the stuff that toddlers do when they want something.

End of the game I had to drop to appease her, and I set up a 1 player game for her, LA vs Florida. She's 1-0 down within a few minutes due to having no clue what she's doing. I showed her that the directional pad moves the players around, so for the rest of the period i'm subjected to LA players slowly shuffling around the rink like OAPs, for no specific reason, but Florida are totally standing off & really doing nothing, so it's OK.

2nd period I showed her that the C button shoots, really just so it's slightly more interesting for me to watch, and Gretzky, Sandstom & Co are now hitting wildly from all over the place. In their defensive zone, behind the net. Everywhere.

Middle of the second period Marty McSorley just lobs one up in the air from almost center ice...........the goalie makes the save with his shoulder, it flicks up over his head, hits him on the back............AND IT'S IN!!!! LA have tied it up at 1-1! Florida have helped no end by playing like there's been a desync, but basically a not even 3 year old is tieing their debut game of 94 with the computer.

The 3rd period follows the same mindless patter until, with 2 minutes left she gets bored and hands me the control. In the final minute Rob Blake pops up on a wrap around/walk across and wins the game. CPU 1, Father/Daughter combination 2!!!!

STORY 2

Now this is even weirder/sadder, depending how you look at, and it may show how this long wait for the start of Blitz is starting to affect people mentally.

For maybe the past 4 or 5 days i've been in a great run of form. Winning a lot of exhibs, scoring a lot of goals and really looking good. Desperate for Blitz to start before I go over the inevitable peak as always happens with us B leaguers. Really full of confidence and looking good.

When I got home from work last night I saw there'd been some A league preseason/test games logged.

Then last night I dreamt that I was on the website and saw that loads of B league games were logged, including a bunch for my team. I have no recolection of playing any of these games, but I lost like 90-95% of them!

I woke up, confidence absolutely shot & dreading my next game of 94! lol

Appologies if these were just innane ramblings, but I found them quite amusing................but then I guess you do when it's your own story?

... my almost 3 year old daughter starts bugging me to plat 94, trying to take the controller off me, screaming, crying & doing all the stuff that toddlers do when they want something.

I imagine this is what it would be like all the time if you lived with Houli