NHL'94 Forums

Flasox GENS A Finals availability

flasox24

Nice to have the forums back up!

Carse--not sure if you got my prior AIM messages, but I have been in San Diego the past few days and will be here till July 8. I will be in contact with you as soon as I get back so we can knock out our series.

Thanks

Sounds good I am free the 9th if you want to get it done when you get back to keep it from stretching out any longer than the forum collapsing has made it already that would work for me

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe the finals in Gens A are still going on!!!

That you didn't predict this, like 99% of the other members shows how long you were away! :lol:

This is pretty much the norm for GENS A

• 2 weeks later...

the dude is a fkn ghost. Idk what to do at this point honestly..

If it were me i'd give his place in the final to his semi-final opponent. These fun & games go on & on every season in GENS A. It's embarrassing.

I agree with Robbie - the finals are supposed to be an exciting way for a fun league to end. This two month stuff kills it - maybe we start giving play-off ditchers penalties of some kind? perhaps a last choice for teams the next season or be suspeneded for 1 classic season? I understand some people are "suuuuuper buuuusy" but this stuff where people log in once every three months expecting everyone they need for games to be online never works and drags down the fun of the leagues IMO. I just feel if people know they are too busy with other things than maybe they shouldn't commit to playing these 40 game leagues with deadlines. We should make play-off deadlines stricter as well. flasox was pretty active during the season and played all/most of his games, too bad the playoffs just had to drag on.

I agree with Robbie - the finals are supposed to be an exciting way for a fun league to end. This two month stuff kills it - maybe we start giving play-off ditchers penalties of some kind? perhaps a last choice for teams the next season or be suspeneded for 1 classic season? I understand some people are "suuuuuper buuuusy" but this stuff where people log in once every three months expecting everyone they need for games to be online never works and drags down the fun of the leagues IMO. I just feel if people know they are too busy with other things than maybe they shouldn't commit to playing these 40 game leagues with deadlines. We should make play-off deadlines stricter as well. flasox was pretty active during the season and played all/most of his games, too bad the playoffs just had to drag on.

I can understand scheduling conflicts, but I get more upset a lack of information. I don't care how busy you are, I'm sure you have 5 minutes to log into the forums/PM to say, "hey, I'm tied up this week, vacation, whatever" just to let your opponent, and everyone else, know that this is being worked out. In particular for playoff series.

And if you really are THAT busy that you don't have 5 minutes, I'd question why you signed up in the first place.

Having said that, flasox did play his games and communicate before the forums blew up...not sure why he went MIA this past month. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

I can understand scheduling conflicts, but I get more upset a lack of information. I don't care how busy you are, I'm sure you have 5 minutes to log into the forums/PM to say, "hey, I'm tied up this week, vacation, whatever" just to let your opponent, and everyone else, know that this is being worked out. In particular for playoff series.

Haha. Trouble is you're thinking this is a scheduling problem. It clearly isn't. It's the A league "mind games" or whatever. If you really wanted to play but couldn't, you would sign into the forums & send a PM. People only go missing for a month & don't let anyone know when they don't want to be in touch.

Like I said, simple: Don't play your playoff series within 2 weeks after the stated deadline (Effectively extending the deadline by 2 weeks) and you get replaced by the guy you beat the previous round (Or the next guy outside the playoff spots if it's a 1st round series). That way everyone knows if they haven't shown up after 2 weeks past the deadline the league's moving on without them.

If there are exceptional circumstances i.e. Heading to Africa for 3 months on a work project, getting married and going on vacation after, or selected for the US synchronised bubble gum chewing squad, it's pretty obvious you're going to let people know well in advance.

Giving flexibility to people because "It's the playoffs and we don't want to replace people" just gives them license to do these things..............................which is what happens EVERY Gens A league classic season.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Flasox and Carse are supposed to play sometime today...

I was indeed informed of this recently. Hopefully it gets done...We'd love to have a champion!