NHL'94 Forums

does the Genesis version have net hole glitch goals?

reviewf.png

in the SNES version it is possible to put the puck through the back or top of the netting (usually at the seams it seems) and have the game count a goal. it is fairly rare but it's rarely fair. do y'all see similar goal solidity failures?

I did get scored on once, I think by Houly, where he took the puck behind the net, turned around to go back again, his stick & puck hit the back of the net & next thing it was in there, sirens going.....................................it turned out to be the winning goal as I remember :anger:

• 2 weeks later...

does the Genesis have the one where Lundqvist grabs the leaden gloves from under the bench and hops into the crowd to beat up the guy that harassed him?

picture2lk.pngpicture1ve.png

This was a goal I scored on myself in a classic league playoff game against JeffBC way back in the fall '07 league.

I think this one goes through the net. I want to say i've seen a video in the Genesis version where a guy flips the puck (A dump/Y dump) from behind the net, and it goes on top and starts flipping around then goes in. It might hit off the goalie's back though, hard to tell.

I always blame goals like these on the advantages or momentum the CPU often gives to one team, where you feel like it's being set up until the puck finds it's way in for or against you. Like when whatever you do you cannot get the puck - It'll hit your players heels, pass goes to no one, ur players will skate over & around it without picking it up & you just know it's like it's locked into a cycle that's not going to end until that puck goes in.......................or am I just being paranoid?

This just happened to me in a game against Oilers442 (I'm Hartford he's Philly):

And to answer your question trudatman, no I've never seen anything like this on Sega. This is the first time I've had it happen to me in a game on SNES and Oilers442 said it was the first for him too.

I'm somewhat surprised that neither of you has seen it before.

Genesis does have a weird glitch goal where sometimes if you get a penalty shot called, then throw the puck at the net it will sit just in front of the net like usual. But, then just before it switches to the screen with the penalty shot, the puck will go in and there will be no penalty shot. I'm pretty sure Carse said he lost a playoff game in Blitz to Freydey one time due to one of those goals lol

• 1 year later...

what's the deal with the SNES version's crowd? sure, they aren't all coked up and flailing like the frantic exercisers that fill the Genesis rinkside seats, but they seem to have lots of missing limbs and the likes. then there's this that happens for a few frames in the cycles:

crowderror.png

what is that block with dots? code copied from elsewhere translated into an image sprite? it's weird, whatever it is. what do other hackers do with it? I considered foam fingers and signs, but I ended up with this:

bringgrandpaandthekids.png

anyway... ¿que la fuq?

Edited by trudatman